CHAPTER 26: There's More To The Story?!?

BENSON

What the hell am I hearing exactly?! I have never seen my brother in this state before and can tell he's scared shit less. I remember when I first accidentally killed someone and I happened to be working for Mordecai as well at the time.

"Alright. We need to think of something. This has to end once and for all." I tell him.

I then look over after hugging Kent in a warm bro hug that we haven't had in a long time and see the look on Mystique's face. She looks to be confused and yet a bit uncomfortable.

Kent pulls back and sniffles then I ask him to wait out in the car for me and her. He nods his head in agreement before I hand him the keys and he begins to leave. Then I start walking over towards her.

"Baby..." I start and she stops me by putting her hand up in front of her.

"Why didn't you tell me about all of this and what you and Kent were involved in?" She asks me.

"Because I was worried about scaring you." I tell her.

"Do me a favor and don't pull that with me, alright? I'm not a child who grew up in the greatest of environments with a picture perfect family and hasn't been through hell." She says.

"I know." I say feeling bad.

She closes her eyes, takes in a deep breath and let's it out before she says anything else.

"I'm not trying to start a fight and I'm not even mad at you, I just, I want us to communicate with each other. That's the only way this is going to work with us no matter how scary or anything because to be honest, it would take a lot more than this to scare me away." She tries to assure me.

I try to hide how happy that made me feel to hear her say that but I couldn't help it, I just started to smile.

"I promise." I tell her.

I then take her hand and pull her close up against me and give her a kiss.

"Now, let's go get some breakfast and try to think up of something to do about all of this." She tells me.

I laugh a little at how cute she looks and sounds right now with her authority tone in her voice and I love it.

We head out towards the car and pick up some breakfast then head back to our house but first, stop by her house to grab some of her clothes and then head back to mine.

Though when we get inside, we are all surprised and stopped in our tracks as soon as we noticed Nora in the living room, getting up off the couch and looking at us as though she's sad?

"Hey baby. Where were you?" She asks Kent.

"None of your business. Get out!" Kent tells her.

"But I heard about Mordecai's nephew and I'm worried about you and your safety." She coos as she walks towards him.

"I'm not telling you again, get the hell out!" Kent repeats to her.

Me and Mystique begin to try and walk off towards the kitchen to set down the food and before we both head off to get dressed, right away Nora and Kent start yelling at each other.

"And you!..." Nora yells out loud and as me and Mystique look at her real fast, we notice her stomping towards Mystique.

"Oh god, what about me now!" Mystique replies as she rolls her eyes from annoyance.

"This is all YOUR fault!" She shouts in Mystique's face.

"What did I do now?!" Mystique asks with an amused look on her face.

"It's your fault that he got in the fight in the first place!" She says.

"Whatever Nora. The reason he REALLY got in that fight was because you couldn't keep your mouth or legs closed." Mystique snaps at her and Nora's eyes begin shooting daggers at Mystique but she doesn't back down.

"That's not what I heard. Besides, it doesn't matter. From the sounds of it, he deserved it." She fires again at Nora.

"You fucking bitch!" She says. "I wasn't the reason! He was defending you from getting hurt." She says. "You fucking ruin everything! Why the hell can't you just die already!" Nora shouts at her before stomping off with tears in her eyes and heads out the door, slamming it behind her.

What did she mean by Kent was defending Mystique and protecting her from being hurt and killed? I thought he was pissed off at the guys because of her. At least that's what he told us.

I look at him and start wondering what REALLY happened as well as what was the real truth and what wasn't.

"What did she mean by that?" I ask him with my arms crossed as I stand a few feet away from him giving him one last chance to tell me anything he needed to that he 'failed' to mention.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)