CHAPTER 13: Another Date?

MYSTIQUE

When I woke up this morning, I opened my eyes and tried turning over until I realized it was hard because an arm was around my waist and look to see it's Benson.

I begin to smile and then notice him begin to move and moan a little before he opens his eyes and looks at me.

"Good morning." He tiredly smiles.

"Good morning." I tell him.

He leans in and gives me a kiss as he pulls me in closer.

"Lets stay in bed." He says.

I start to giggle a little bit but my bladder has other ideas.

"I have to use the restroom." I tell him.

He then turns on his back and starts pointing behind him.

"Through that door." He says as he points.

"Thanks." I tell him and then get up and head in there.

After finishing and while washing my hands, I look up in the mirror and try and think about what I just woke up to or should I say who I woke up next to.

Never in a million years would I ever have thought I'd be having this moment but I am and I have to admit, maybe this is the real thing.

When I come walking out, I notice he's sitting up in bed while on his phone.

"Hey." I say.

"Hey beautiful." He smiles at me.

I stand there feeling really shy all of a sudden but yet I also feel something I haven't even felt before.....wanted.

"Um, I think I should be getting home now." I tell him.

"I'll take you." He smiles.

"Thanks." I reply and then grab my hoodie and backpack.

During the drive back to my place, it was quiet for the most part but nothing about the silence was uncomfortable or awkward in any way. It has more surprisingly pleasant in the fact that we were enjoying being near one another.

I had noticed his arm placed over the middle console between us and a few times debated if rather or not I should take his hand but before I had the chance to act upon it, he took mine and brought my hand up to his lips where he placed a kiss on it followed with a wink and smile at me.

After pulling up in front of the house, I begin getting the feeling of dread as the fun time is over now, it's back to reality.

"You okay?" He asks me with a worried look on his face.

"Yeah." I lie to him with a nod.

"Don't lie to me." He tells me. "Is your stepsister, Nora here?" He asks with disgust.

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"Want me to go in....." He stops himself.

"What?" I ask.

Never mind, I'm not going to ask." He says then gets out of the truck, walks over towards my side, opens the door and helps me out before taking a firm grip, but not too tight, of my hand then we start heading towards the house. 

"W-what are you doing?!" I ask scared. 

"I'm gonna make sure your stepsister doesn't start shit and if my brother's here, shit will go down either way." He exclaims. 

"Please don't." I try to protest. Damn it, he's so strong that I can't stop him. 

"No! I'm tired of you getting treated like shit and being scared of consequences that shouldn't even be an issue!" He says. 

I'm speechless. He is not only wanting to be with me but also wants to protect me? This all is so surreal. 

I quietly open the door and wait to see or and hear Nora come and yell at me but she never does. 

I then let out a breath of air that I didn't realize i was even holding. 

"Well, thanks, but it looks like she isn't here." I tell him. 

"You're kicking me out?" He chuckles. 

"No." I reply. "Well, I just meant that she isn't here and since it's Saturday, it could be her friends picked her up and are at the mall or something, so I should be fine." I try and assure him. 

"Ah, well, I was kind of hoping we could spend the day together." He suggests. 

"Really? But don't you have work?" I asked him. 

"Nope!" He says while popping the 'P'.  "We have weekends off. Besides, I'm the boss anyways." He smirks. 

"Oh." I begin to laugh a little to myself. 

"How about this, why don't I head to my place, take a shower and get ready then come back to pick you up in an hour?" He suggests. 

"Okay." I reply with a smile. 

"Alright then beautiful, I'll see you soon." He says as  he leans in and gives me a kiss. 

"See you soon." I smile. 

He leaves and I start hurrying upstairs to take a quick shower and get dressed. I know that you should never leave your happiness in someone else's hands and I'm not but it does help to have the support of love and have them add to the happiness. 

While giving myself one final check in the mirror before I hear him ring the doorbell downstairs, for the first time, I am smiling while looking at myself. I can stand/tolerate looking at myself without disgust. Please god, don't ever let this feeling go away!

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)