CHAPTER 21: His Secret Spot

MYSTIQUE

I took tonight off to make sure that I wasn't real tired for our date.

I decided to wear my nice jeans and tank top with a long coverall sweater since it's just the movies and dinner.

I was waiting for him outside when I see Kent pull up in the driveway. What the hell was be doing here? Screw it, I'm not worrying about it. Plus, I don't care.

"What's up Fatso?!" He greets me as he gets out of the car.

I roll my eyes in annoyance.

"Really? Can't think of another new name? Have to come up with some that have been used who knows how many times?!" I tell him.

Why the hell did I ever even entertain him by answering.

"What was that?!" He asks pissed off.

"Ugh, nothing." I reply.

"Yeah, that's what I thought! What the hell you doing out here anyways?" He asks.

"None of your damn business." I snap back at him.

"Hey baby!" I hear my stepsister's voice come from behind me.

"Coming baby." He says back. "Fucking whore." He says under his breath that I know was directed to me.

Pathetic, the both of them. Which I guess this means they got back together.

Finally, I see Benson's truck coming down the street and as soon as he pulls up in front of me alongside the curb, I notice when I get in that he looks upset.

"What's my brother doing here?" He asks.

"I guess Nora and him got back together." I shrugged. "It's okay though, he didn't mess with me." I try to joke with him.

He looks over and smiles at me then reaches over and holds the side of my face as he leans in to kiss me.

"Better not have." He smiles against my lips then gives me another kiss and sits back in his seat. "Ready to have some fun?" He asks.

"Hell yeah." I smile back at him and we start heading towards the movie theater.

On our way there, I told him about what happened last night with Nora and he sounded happy and proud of me.

Then once we pulled up and headed into the  movies, we grabbed some snacks and drinks then sat down and watched the movie.

It was a lot of fun and he had his arm around my shoulder. It might sound silly, but I have always wanted a relationship where the one I was with likes public affection and would do this with me. It's nice to know that it's really happening.

After we got done, we went to a good local burger joint and started talking while eating some delicious food.

"So I was thinking, for the night of prom, well, for OUR special big night, I was thinking maybe we could get dressed up." He says.

"Like in a tuxedo and dress and everything?" I asked.

"Well not like a prom dress or a ballgown, but something that was really nice." He suggests.

"Well I'm glad you said that cause, I got a dress that's nice but not too fancy. So I feel relieved knowing I made the right choice." I smile at him.

"Niiice. Can I see what it looks like? Did you take a picture?" He smirks.

"No and no. It's a surprise." I wink at him.

He just chuckles a little as we finish up eating and talking before we head into his truck and go to a spot that he told me he likes going to that's private.

We stop by a lake that's a little ways from his house and while walking hand-in-hand together towards his spot, I start thinking about how I never found a place like this myself. It seems peaceful and I can see why he would ever choose to come here. It's amazing.

I started thinking also that if he took me here then that would mean it's cause he thought I was special, right?

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)