CHAPTER 20: Let's Make A Deal

BENSON

'Pissed off' would be the mild way to describe how I felt when I was called by Mordecai  to come and have meeting with him at the job site to go over some ideas he had. 

It really did bother the shit out of me when I wasn't able to pick up Mystique from work and take her home. 

Not that it justifies or makes up for being able to do that, but I told her that we could go to a movie and dinner of her choice tomorrow night. 

Which I thought would be good because that was too, I can not tell her everything or give too much away of the plans I had for us both for the night of prom, but I wanted to give her somewhat of an idea. 

Tonight as I pulled up next to my office trailer, I had noticed Mordecai's car was already there waiting for me. 

The moment I got out of the truck, him and his men got out of their car and then we saw Max pull up next to us on his motorcycle and came and stood next to me. 

"What the hell is he doing here?!" One of Mordecai's men asked about Max. 

"Max is my best right hand man and best friend. He's gonna be part of whatever you have me do." I tell the guy. 

Mordecai looks at Max and I and then smirks. 

"That's really sweet." He smirks. "Well then, should we step into your office and go over the plan?" He suggests. 

"That's why we're here." I tell him. 

Next, we all head inside the office and sit down across from each other. 

"Tonight I have come to make a deal that would be rewarding and beneficial to us both." He grins. 

"I told you...." I began but he stopped me. 

"Why don't you hear me out first before you object." He says. 

So I sit back in my chair and fold my arms over my chest while waiting for him to continue. 

"Alright then." I tell him. 

"If you do this job for me, I promise that I will never bother you or your brother ever again." He says. 

I look at him a little bit suspicious as to what he's telling me and to be honest, I'm not entirely sure that I can necessarily trust him. 

"How do I know this isn't another set up like before?" I ask. 

"Oh come on now. That was years ago." He says as if it was nothing.

"I am the one that went to prison because of you! So don't you dare disrespect me in blowing off what happened then as not that big of a deal. I lost years of my life because of you." I snap at him. 

"Hey! You could have left." He fires back at me. 

"Oh I own up to my share, but for me having to pay for what you did and not having my back or helping me out, you have some nerve insulting me just now by making it sound as though it was no big deal." I tell him. 

"Whatever. Are you gonna hold onto that forever or do you want to make this deal with me?" He asks sounding frustrated. 

I look at Max who nods his head at me to indicate I should hear him out. So I look back at him and let out a breath of frustration as he continues. 

"Fine." I roll my eyes. 

"Now as I was saying, I want you to do a big job for me the week after next. I want you to take back what one of my recent clients had stolen from me." He says. 

"What do you mean?" I ask. 

"This young dumb ass thought he'd try to make himself a name and have people respect him by stealing something from me that is worth a lot." He explains. 

"What is that?" I ask. 

"It's a very rare diamond that I had gotten a couple of years ago and is worth more than anything else in this world." 

"Unbelievable." I say under my breath as I shake my head. 

"You will never understand what it means to me and I don't expect you to neither. I do however expect you to do this for me and return it to me. And before you ask, I choose you as I always did when you worked for me before because you never ask questions. Which I of course expect the same thing this time." 

I can't believe I am even agreeing to this although at the same time, the silver lining to this all I guess, would be that I would never have to worry about him bothering me or Kent ever again and if I plan to have a future with Mystique in which I'm hoping to, I have no other choice. 

After thinking about it for a few moments and looking at Max, waiting to see what he says. I know he's got my back no matter what but still. I can tell by the look on his face that he thinks I should do it. So I take in a deep breath and let it out before answering. 

"Fine." I tell him. 

"Good." He smiles. "At the end of this week, I will have one of my men send you some more information on this guy and how I plan to have you do this." He says. 

I hope this pans out and ends better than the last job I did for him. 

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)