CHAPTER 19: Courage!?!

MYSTIQUE

Prom was now only a week away and I am so glad that Benson had suggested for him and I to go out and do our own thing but still make it as special and nice like it would have been for prom.

Lately though, he has been seeming as though he has had something on his mind. Though every time I try asking, he just brushes it off as though it's no big deal. I however, feel otherwise. But I don't push him.

He continues picking me up after school,  then dropping me off at work and dropping me off and tonight in particular, I had gotten an outfit for our special night while on my break and was getting more excited than I thought I would to be honest because of what the night was REALLY going to represent.

Tonight, Benson had messaged me a couple hours before my shift had ended that he couldn't pick me up due to him needing to stay late and go over some work plans with Max.

I didn't question him because I really have no right nor any reason to. I believed him and besides, I had a lot of homework I needed to finish up tonight anyways so it worked out.

Luckily, Liona was able to drive me tonight cause I really didn't feel like riding the bus.

The moment I had gotten home and as soon as I walked right into the house, I heard yelling coming from upstairs with both Nora and Kent both yelling at each other as she chases after him down the stairs, crying.

"Please don't do this to me." She begs him.

"Fuck you you slut! You really thought I was stupid enough never to find out that you were using me to get closer to my brother?!" He turns and snaps back at her.

What the hell just happened?! I started asking myself while trying to be out of view.

He then continues storming out the front door, slamming it behind him as she just stands at the door, crying harder than I have ever heard her cry. Well, actually, this is the first time I have ever heard her cry.

She turns and sniffles and wipes the tears quickly from her eyes after she notices me trying to sneek my way upstairs.

"Where the hell have you been?" She asks.

Damnit! Thought I was going to be able to make a clear getaway.

"I was at work." I tell her.

"That's what you're calling it?" She glares at me.

"Whatever Nora. I have homework to do and am not in the mood for your bullshit." I tell her before continuing to head upstairs.

"I know you think that him and you have something real but trust me, he will just use you and dump you after he gets what he wants." She snickers at me.

"Nora, grow the fuck up and leave us the hell alone. I don't know what I ever did to you to make you hate me but you need to let go of whatever it is and grow the hell up! Oh and why you're at it, get the fuck over yourself!" I snap back at her for the first time in my life and I have to admit that it felt great standing up for myself.

She just stood there in shock at me while still glaring but I didn't care and I wasn't going to wait and find out what other bullshit she had to say.

When I went into my room, I couldn't help but have this rush of excitement and the thought of why I didn't ever do this sooner.

Before going to bed, I got a text from Benson apologizing once again for not being able to take me home tonight and once again I told him it was okay. We both then said goodnight to each other and before hanging up he suggested we see a movie and grab some dinner tomorrow night.

I had the biggest smile on my face that I've had in forever. It was a great feeling that I never wanted to have go away.

Also, not that I'm complaining but where did this courage come from?

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)