CHAPTER 3: I Have Enough B.S. Already

MYSTIQUE

This sucks so bad. Right when you think things couldn't get any worse, that's when they usually do. At least in my case.

A couple of days ago, I was told by my teacher, Mr. Lenton, that I had to tutor Kent. I'm not the smartest in the class but I'm almost close. He told me that he had asked the smartest kid, Roger but he had math club after school.

I was not looking forward to this and Kent made it clear as well to me that he wasn't either by pushing me hard up against the lockers towards the end of the day and straight out telling me. Then he grabbed my cellphone, put his address into google maps and threw the phone back at me while I was on the ground.

After slowly trying to force myself to stand and grabbing everything I needed from the locker, I started making my way towards his place. Which really isn't that far away from school or from where I live.

When I arrived and was walking up the driveway, I passed a couple of bikes as well as Kent's car. Great, does he seriously have friends over?

When I made it to the door, I took in a deep breath and let it out before I knocked.

It took a minute but then I saw the door swing open abruptly and there stood an irritated Kent.

"Finally!" He says.

I just looked down.

"Sorry." Was all I could say to him. That's all I've ever really been able to say to him since we were kids.

"Whatever! Let's get this over with." He rolls his eyes with annoyance and turns to walk inside towards the kitchen.

I close the door behind me and as soon as I turn around, I stop dead in my tracks while I see his brother, Benson and his best friend, Max. Great, this is all I need right now.

"Hi. I'm Benson. Kent's older brother. But you can call me Ben." He says as he walks up and holds out his hand for me to shake.

"I-I'm Mystique." I shake his hand.

"Nice to meet you. This is my best friend Max." He introduces.

"Nice to meet you." He smiles at me while shaking my hand.

"Nice to meet you too." I reply.

I can tell they don't recognize or remember me and in a way I feel a bit relieved and yet am not surprised as I have always been invisible.

Suddenly the feelings I had for Ben came flooding back, filling up my body with so many emotions. Then I was snapped out of it as I heard Kent.

"Let's go in the dining room." He snaps at me and grabs his backpack.

I walk past Max and Ben and take a seat on the couch across from Kent. Then we get started.

After a couple of hours pass, I can tell Kent hasn't paid much attention throughout the entire time I've been sitting here trying to help him.

"A-are you even listening?" I ask him.

"FUCK! Stop stuttering! It's annoying as shit!" He snaps at me.

"S-sorry." I reply.

"Whatever, we should stop anyways, I've got plans." He says while packing up.

"Yeah, I need to get to work." I say under my breath.

"Well don't think I'm gonna give you a ride." He says.

"I don't." I replied as I finished zipping up my backpack snd started to stand.

I was getting ready to leave when I heard him stop me.

"Wait." He says and gets up and walks towards me.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Your sister..." He starts.

"Stepsister..." I correct him.

"Whatever. Is she single?" He asks.

"Yes." I replied.

"Hook me and her up." He tells me.

"Um...." I began to hesitate.

"Come on." He says.

"O-okay. I'll try and talk to her." I tell him.

"Good." He says.

I turned back around to start heading outside to leave when I saw Max and Ben both working on their bikes.

I put my head down and started walking a little quickly past them when I heard Ben say something.

"Hey!" Ben yells out. "Mystique!"

I don't know what made me turn around and look at him but I did it anyways.

"Yeah?" I ask still looking down at the ground and avoiding eye contact.

"Isn't my brother gonna take you home?" He asks.

"No. I prefer to take the bus, thanks." I lie to him. Which of course I would, why would it matter anyways. It isn't like he cares or anything. He's no different then Kent as I begin to remind myself while remembering that back when he was a Senior in high school, he used to bully people. Not me so much since he barely paid attention between him being the bad ass that he is and leader of a biker gang, not to mention, the biggest player of the entire school.

Max was always cool and kept Ben grounded sometimes. I always wondered how they became best friends because Max always seemed more level headed and everything more than Ben.

"Well I can take you." He offers.

"No!" I snap back sounding more rude than I wanted. I just immediately thought how it would look if HE took me to work and dropped me off. I work in the mall where everyone goes and not to mention would piss off Kent. So I just turn around and leave quicker than I ever have. 

I feel embarrassed and at the same time pissed off at myself for turning down a ride. But at the same time, I have enough to worry about and don't need anymore bullshit added.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)