CHAPTER 5: A Trick

MYSTIQUE

When I got home, I of course was greeted with Nora yelling at me for being late.

"Where the hell have you been?!" She yells.

"I told you a few days ago, I was tutoring Kent." I tell her.

"Yeah right. More like fucking him!" She spits at me and I just roll my eyes while walking past her.

"Whatever." I tell her under my breath as I try heading towards the stairs and am stopped when she shouts out behind me.

"Wait! Isn't Kent's older brother back?" She asks a little softer.

"Yeah." I reply.

"Interesting." She says.

"I'm going to bed." I say and then head back up towards my room and try to finish next my homework before finally going to bed.

The next day, I walked to school while listening to P!nk's new album and thank god for music, it helps me escape.

After taking my seat in my usual seat in the back of first period class, getting ready for the bell to ring and as soon as it does, people begin to pile in like cattle.

When I take a quick look up, I see Nora and Kent holding hands? What did I miss? I never told her about how he feels. Ehh, who cares! They are made for each other.

It's Friday and that meant no tutoring, so I was happy and especially was excited in seeing my best friend/co-worker, Liona.

"Hey sexy!" She greets me as always with a smile.

"Hey gorgeous!" I greeted her as well.

After putting my things down, I joined her on the floor even though there wasn't anybody in here.

"So how's it going with you and Benson? You tell him you still have a huge crush on him yet?" She asks as she wiggles her eyebrows up and down and winks at me.

"No and I'm never going to either." I tell her.

"Okay, but if I see him....." She started and I knew exactly what she was going to say so I stopped her.

The next few hours seemed to take forever and not too many people came in. But like always, Liona made it fun and entertaining.

Right as soon as we closed up, we said 'goodnight' to each other and she started walking towards the underground parking while I began walking towards the bus stop.

She always offers me a ride but I feel too bad. Plus, I pay for a bus pass monthly so I might as well make use of it.

While heading towards the front and cutting through the food court, I heard somebody call out my name. I knew it was a male's and was worried that it might be Kent which I really didn't need any of his shit. So I hurried and tried getting out.

Though when I got to one of the door's to try and open it, I soon realized that the door's were locked and to make matters worse, Norman, the security guard was not around.

"Damnit!" I say under my breath trying not to freak out. That was at least until I heard the deep husky voice only this time, was right behind me.

"Mystique." I hear Benson say right behind me as he has me turn to face him. "Are you okay?" He asks with a concerned look on his face.

I was beyond relieved to know that for one, he wasn't a serial killer and two, it wasn't Kent.

"Uh, yeah." I reply.

"Sorry if I scared you. I was calling your name but you kept running." He laughs a little bit.

"Y-yeah, sorry. I thought.....I thought you were someone else." I confess.

"Oh, like a thief or murderer?" He asks.

"Yeah." I laugh to myself. I should have seen who it was that was calling me instead of letting my mind make up something.

"So, you heading home?" He asks.

"Yep." I say.

"Want a ride?" He asks with a smirk.

"No it's okay, thanks. But I take the bus." I tell him and as soon as I look down at my phone and realize I am about to miss the last one tonight.

Then as soon as I turn and look out the door, I notice it just leaving.

"Looks like you missed it." He smiles. "Come on, I'll take you." He says.

I close my eyes and take in a deep breath before letting it out and realize that I would rather get a ride from him than taking the back streets with little streetlights on.

"Alright." I tell him.

"Great." He smiles.

Which I don't know why he was smiling for. I hope this isn't some trick.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)