CHAPTER 2: Oh Well.....

BENSON

It's been a few years since I left home and has also been a few years since I left the biker gang lifestyle.

I had left after I turned nineteen and seemed to be not getting along with my mom and thought it would be better if I had left so that my younger brother, Kent wouldn't follow in my footsteps. So I did and when she died a couple years ago, I wasn't able to make it to her funeral because I was locked up at the time.

My mom started to visit me and made me promise her that if anything were to happen to her that I would come back home to take care of my little brother. Which is what I'm doing now.

I never expected to have come back this soon, just when I'm getting my life together finally and my business picking up and all. But I'm a man of my word.

"Bro! Wake the hell up!" I hear my best friend, Max try and get my attention.

"Sorry." I tell him while snapping out of my thoughts.

"You feeling okay?" He asks.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I just want to hurry up and get going soon so we can get there for sure the day after tomorrow." I tell him.

"Alright. We'll be leaving here soon but have you already called up the guys to give them the directions and everything?" He asks.

"Yeah I sent them everything." I tell him.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I am the owner of my own construction company and since there are a few projects I was asked to build for in the city at home, they're giving me a lot of money to do it. So I'm excited and is another reason I'm also returning home.

Me and Max grab our bags and toss them into the truck and start heading towards the place I had called home for so long.

*****************************
Two days later

Max and I would switch off driving so that we didn't have to stop more times than needed for food and bathroom breaks just so that we could make sure to get here in time.

When we pulled up to the house, I noticed that the house, at least from the outside, hadn't changed too much. Many memories came flooding back, both good and bad.

I knew Kent wouldn't be home for another couple of hours since he was in school, so I had Max take the spare bedroom and I went to sleep in my old room that seems to have changed a bit.

I set my bags down and hop into my bathroom that's connected to my room and take a shower then get dressed.

Max and I ordered something to eat and I had taken a look around to see how good of shape Kent left this place in and it looks like for the most part, surprisingly, it's good. Even though I believe he has a maid come and keep it this way.

While waiting a couple of hours, I finally see his car pull up in the driveway and I see him getting out and slamming the car door shut before stomping towards the house.

He comes inside and slams the door shut behind him and drops his backpack on the ground before noticing me and Max are here.

"Holy shit! Benson?!" He asks.

"Yeah brother, it's me." I laugh a little.

He walks up to me with a big smile on his face and gives me a bro hug.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" He asks.

"Well I've got some business here and thought my friend and I would stay here until we can find our own place." I tell him.

"Of course!" He replies excited. "What's up Max?" He greets him as they give each other a bro hug. "How's it going?" He asks him.

"It's going." He says.

"So why are you guys here?" Kent asks.

"We were offered an opportunity to help build a place here for a company." I tell him.

"That's cool. It'll be like old times and we can hang out and shit." He says excited.

"Yeah well, sort of like old times. I'm not into that crazy lifestyle anymore." I laugh.

"Huh." He replies.

We all stand there sharing an awkward moment of silence. Then there's a knock on the door. He rolls his eyes and I hear him say, "FUCK!" under his breath.

"What?" I asked.

"I forgot that I had someone coming over to help tutor me." He says with annoyance in his voice.

"Wow, my little brother finally has learned to ask for help?" I tease him.

"Shut up! I had no choice man. And this girl, ugh." He says as he opens the door.

When I look to see who it was, she looked a little familiar but yet I can't figure out who she reminds me of.  Oh well.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)