CHAPTER 6: The Past

BENSON

I had given her my jacket and had her put my extra helmet on before I took her home.
It's times like this that I wish I had a car so that way we could talk. Man, I like the way her arms feel around my waist.

She yells out for me to stop a few feet from her house.

After pulling over and turning off the bike, she hands me back my helmet and jacket.

"Thanks for the ride." She says.

"You're welcome." I tell her.

"Goodnight." She says to me.

"Wait!" I stop her and get off the bike real quick. "Can I ask you something?" I ask her.

"Sure." She shrugs.

"Why did you have me stop a few feet away from your house? Are your parents home or something?" I smirk.

"No. But Nora is and..." She begins to say and I stop her.

"Holy shit, she's still around?" I ask.

"Yeah. Of course." She replies.

"Well what does it matter if she see's you being dropped off by me?" I ask her as I step even closer to her and make her more nervous.

"I just don't want her to okay?" She tells me and then takes off quickly towards her as she yells back goodnight.

I watch her head towards her house quickly while I remain standing there in disbelief and confusion as to why she is confusing.

When I finally make it back to the house, I walk inside and am immediately stopped when I hear a female's voice that I had hoped I would never hear again.

"Hey there." Nora says seductively while standing and swaying her hips as she slowly starts strutting towards me.

"Hey Nora." I roll my eyes and start heading towards the fridge.

The minute after I grab a drink in the fridge and turn to try and head towards my room, I'm immediately blocked by Nora standing in front of me.

"So you're back in town huh?" She says as she bites her lower lip.

"Wow, you're very observant." I tell her sarcastically before making my way past her and she grabs my arm to stop me.

"Well wait. You and I have a lot of catching up to do." She coos.

"We have NOTHING to talk about." I tell her as I back up more.

"Alright Nora! You ready?" I hear Kent ask as he comes downstairs.

He scowls at me as I know he's thinking I'm probably hitting on her but really I'm just trying to keep myself from throwing up.

"Of course!" She smiles at him while backing up and then walking over to him.

He takes her hand and they leave. Damn, I didn't know Kent became so desperate. I mean sure he's had a crush on her forever but still, he deserves way better.

I take a quick shower and lay down in bed thinking about Mystique. I have never thought about a girl like this before and I don't know why I feel so drawn to her the way that I do but I like it.

Max is out probably hooking up with some chick from a bar, so I decide to head off to bed and get some rest for tomorrow.

 ***********************
The Next Day

Today while working, I heard my cell phone go off and when I looked to see who it was, I noticed it say 'Unknown Number'.

Normally I don't bother since it's someone calling the wrong number or it's a telemarketer. But something told me to answer it.

"Benson's Construction, this is Benson." I answer.

"Good to finally find you." An all-too-familiar deep voice says.

I take a quick look around me and nod to Max to let him know I'll be right back. Then I head off to the truck that I ended up buying this morning for the company and sit inside it.

"What do you want, Mordecai?" I ask.

"I see you've done good for yourself with your new project." He says. "I want to thank you." He says.

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"The projects you were given? The building you're working on now? They're mine. Which is funny because you swore you'd never work for me again. Funny how life can become ironic." He chuckles.

"You son-of-a-bitch. I swear I'm gonna pull my guys out..." I begin to tell him but he stops me.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. You wouldn't want something to happen to those you care about again, would you?" He says.

I squeeze the phone tightly not caring if it breaks or not.

"You can't...." I begin to tell him and he stops me again.

"I already did. And if you'd like to know more about my reasoning behind all of this, I suggest you meet with me when I get there in a couple weeks. Trust me, you'll be interested in what I have to tell you. I'll keep in touch. Oh and by the way, tell your brother I said hi." He says and the next thing I hear is a click.

That motherfucker! I told him before what would happen if he came near me or my family again. I don't know if I can tell Max. I have to make sure Kent doesn't find out that he killed our mom. Fuck! I can't let him know I'm even talking with Mordecai.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)