CHAPTER 11: I Wonder.....

MYSTIQUE

For the past week, I have been thinking about that night Benson and I went out to dinner and then how I turned him down before he could finish asking me out.

When I told Liona at work, she said that if she didn't love me so much, she would slap the shit out of me, but I know she cares about me and I have been thinking a lot about what I told Benson that night and to be honest, I have had second thoughts and have even thought about stopping by his work and seeing if the offer still stands.

I went to work tonight thinking about talking to Benson and even though he hasn't come by this mall since that night and know he's avoiding me. So maybe I should just take it as a sign?

After returning from my break, I was grabbed from out-of-nowhere and dragged into the long hallway between these two stores inside where the bathrooms are located and then pushed hard up against a wall.

"You fucking bitch! You're gonna pay for what you did!" He warns me.

"W-what are you talking about?!" I ask scared.

"You told my brother about that day with the guys and he interfered with an important transaction that was happening." He tells me as he continues gripping onto my shirt collar.

"I never told him anything, I swear." I begin to tell him.

"Bullshit!" He says. "How else would he have known huh?!"

"Kent I swear..." I started trying to tell him again but he cut me off.

"Get the fuck off of her!" We hear a male's voice say as he yanks Kent off of me.

"Ben?!" Kent looks at him a little scared.

"Get the fuck out of here and don't you ever fucking touch her again!" He says after grabbing Kent by his shirt collar and roughly pushing him up against the wall.

I don't make eye contact. I'm not sure why but I feel so embarrassed. And what is Benson doing here?

"But she...." Kent began but Benson tossed him onto the floor.

"I swear to god if you speak to her or even look at her, I will beat the living shit out of you! You fucking know better! You're an embarrassment to me!" Benson yells at him.

"Fuck you!" Kent yells to him as he stumbles to stand but finally does and quickly starts to take off.

I look at Benson and start thinking that there is no way this isn't a dream of some sort. This seems too good to be happening. Was Benson really here at the right time?

"Are you okay?" He asks me.

I still avoid looking at him and just nod my head. Then next I feel his hand lift my chin up to look at him and all I see in his eyes is regret and sympathy.

"I'm okay. Thank you." I try to assure him.

"Has he done this before?" He asks.

I hesitate at first until I hear him tell me to tell him the truth.

"Yes." I reply while again nodding my head.

He next caresses the side of my face gently and then puts his forehead against mine.

"I'm sorry." I hear him tell me under his breath.

Why aren't I pushing him away? Why can't I enjoy this moment the amount I want to? I shouldn't be questioning his motives and just take it all in, but things like this don't happen to me.

You know what though? Fuck it! I should enjoy this! At least that's what Liona would be  yelling at me about right now.

"Don't be." I finally reply after arguing with myself in my head.

"Will you please let me take you home tonight? I want to talk to you." He tells me.

I try to hold in my excitement but yet give him a smile.

"Okay." I nod.

"Great." He smiles at me.

He waits a full two hours for me to get off and waits outside of the store mostly just sitting down on a bench while sometimes going on his phone but mostly watching me and making me blush.

I start to wonder though, what is it he wants to talk to me about?

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)