CHAPTER 27: Oh No!

MYSTIQUE

What the hell was that all about?! And what in the hell did Nora mean by the fact that Kent was fighting with Mordecai's nephew because he was defending me and trying to protect me from being killed?!

"I'm giving you this last chance to tell me what REALLY happened in the fight and why it was started!" Benson tells him as we both look at Kent waiting for him to answer.

Kent takes in a breath and lets it out before answering.

"Well, I did at first meet up with them to confront them about Nora and what the hell was going on with the video, messages and pictures I was sent by one of them when I overheard them talking to each other about your new girl and I guess Nora said something to Mordecai's nephew about something I don't know, but that's when I heard them mention about threatening you both and I don't know, it affected me." Kent explains with a shrug.

Benson and I stand there still in disbelief, especially me, that he would ever even react that way about someone saying that about me. He's been my bully for such a long time that to think for a moment he would ever get upset over someone saying shit like that about me is just, there are no words to be honest.

"Well, I didn't expect all of that." I say.

"Yeah well, after that day when you had asked me about if I was okay when you saw those guys talking to me and everything, I don't know, it made me look at you a little differently." He says.

"Well I don't know about that, seeing as to how you still were treating me the same way and allowed Nora to also." I tell him.

"I know. And I know that you'll probably never forgive me for everything I ever said or did to you when I was being cruel and I don't expect you to, but I do want to apologize for it all. You didn't deserve any of it." He says with his head down low, looking down at the ground.

He was looking like a dog right now that knew they had just gotten into trouble.

I then look at Benson who looks at me waiting to see what I was going to do and or say next.

"I guess we can try and start all over again. I can't promise you I will trust you ever but, I suppose we can try and become friends in the future. But right now I, I just need to think about a few things." I tell him.

I then excuse myself towards Benson's bedroom where I get myself dressed and sit down on his bed for the next couple of hours while thinking about everything that's going on.

Then I start to feel my phone vibrate and I look down and feel both relieved that it's my coworker and best friend Liona and then feel bad cause I forgot to message her last night about how it all went. Then again, we both were too caught up in each other that neither of us could really do anything. So I answer it real quick.

"Hey! Sorry about not messaging you last night." I started but was cut off by a deep older male's voice.

"Well if it isn't Mystique Amberson. Looks like I have something of interest to you." The voice said.

"Who is this?" I asked wanting to scream for Benson but wasn't sure if I should.

"This is the man who you should listen to and do exactly as I say." He threatens.

"Where's Liona?" I ask him worried.

"She's okay, for now. Rather or not she stays that way will be up to you. It seems your friend Kent, has done something very very bad and must pay for it." He begins.

That's the moment I knew who it was I was speaking to.

"It was an accident." I immediately explain.

"He was defending you from what I heard. Though I don't know why. Hell, I don't know why Benson has chosen to get you involved in any of this." He chuckles to himself.

"What do you want?" I ask him, cutting straight to the chase.

"I was going to have Benson do a job for me but it seems things have changed." He mentions.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"You sweetheart, are gonna do the job. Meet me tomorrow after you get out of school and make sure not to tell anybody where you're going. One of my guys will pick you up on the corner right up the street from your school. Get in it. Then he will bring you to me and we'll discuss your next course of actions. Any funny business or I find out you told anyone, including Benson and or Kent, I will kill your friend here and then have you watch Benson being tortured until his last breath before then killing you." He tells me.

I can't believe this is happening. How has my life suddenly gotten worse? Why me?! I take in a deep breath before letting it out and answering him.

"Fine. I'll be there. I won't tell anyone." I tell him.

"Good girl. I look forward to meeting you." He says.

He gave me the chills and made me feel disgusted with myself as if I just sold my soul to the devil. Then again, I have to get Liona back. I also now, have to think of a way to not tell Benson or anybody, including the authorities.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)