Turnover.

Adapt- Willing to adjust to any situation or person well.

"Why you so late?" My mother asked as I walked inside of her apartment. "Slept in late. Had a long night." "Uh huh. My chemo went well this morning. I actually was released early from the session so I got some of the things already done." She smiled wide. I couldn't help but smile back at her.

My mom has stage three leukemia. She was diagnosed about two years ago. She found out when she was rushed to the hospital for a drug overdose. That's when she decided she needed to turn her life around and start making better decisions. I know she wasn't there for me majority of my childhood but I would never want to see her pass away or any sick shit like that. She still made sure I had a roof over my head and the bills were paid. She asked me to come over today to help her get some things done. "Did you shave your head yet?" I walked towards her. She shook her head and removed the hat she had on. I walked over to the bathroom and grabbed the men's razor and some shaving cream.

"You know, I would like some grandkids before I die." She blurted out of no where. I turned my face up and looked at her. "You ain't dying no time soon and kids? I'm only 22! Let me live my best life first." I walked back towards her and and sat the stuff on the table and started. "Yeah uh huh. I would also like for you to find another job." "Don't start with that momma. That job pays for everything that you want and need. It even lets you live rent and bill free." She sighed. "I know I know, I just don't like men looking at my little girl." She looked up at me. I wiped the razor on a towel and looked at her as well. "Well I ain't much to look at so it'll be okay." I chucked. "Girl you got a lot to look at! You shaped like ya mama and I know I'm thick." She stuck her tongue out. I raised my eyebrows and widen my eyes before turning away from her. She's a whole clown.

Just as I was about to finish shaving her head my phone started ringing. I picked it up and seen a unsaved number. I picked it up and put it between my shoulder and my ear. "Hello?" "Meet me somewhere." The familiar voice rang through the phone. I sucked my teeth. "Don't be calling me telling me what to do nigga. Say hello first or something." I held my index finger up to my mom and walked into the kitchen. "Hello. Meet me somewhere. Better?" He said in a sarcastic tone. I hung up on him and went back into the room with my mom. "Who was that?" She tilted her head. "Nobody." I grabbed the razor and proceeded to finish her head. My phone vibrate multiple times before it stopped. "It seems to be somebody. Who is he?" "Nobody important." I grabbed the towel and wiped her head off one last time. "There you go. Nice and shiny." I smiled. "Thank you baby. I'll ask you do some other things later." I nodded my head and reached for my phone. Three text messages.
+223-713-9298
ignorant ass. I got somethin fo yo ass.
+223-713-9298
meet me at Applebee's on cherry park.
+223-713-9298
and you paying.
I rolled my eyes. I actually do want to go...but I don't..lying to myself doesn't work. "I love you momma." I grabbed my purse and walked over to her, bending down giving her two kisses on each cheek. "I love you too baby. See you later." I waved to her before leaving and heading to the restaurant.

"Hello, how many?" The server greeted as I walked in. "Umm I'm actually waiting on someone." I looked around at the different tables. He wasn't here yet. "Alright just let me know when they arrive." She smiled and walked away. I turned and sat in the waiting area before pulling out my phone. As soon as I was about to press send on the message he walked through the door. I looked up at him and goodness. He looks even better in the daytime. "I know I look good baby don't stare. Come on." He have a cocky grin and held his hand out to me. I glared at him and stood to my feet without grabbed his hand and walking to the waiter desk. "Two please." I smiled slightly. She nodded and grabbed two menus before seating us in a booth. I sat on the right side and he sat on the left. "See when I try to be nice to yo ass, you don't take it." He pulled out his phone before getting on it. "Anyway what we here for?" I grabbed the menu and opened it, looking at the things that they have. "Cause I wanted to hang with ya." He said in a nonchalant tone. "Awwwww you wanted to hang with little ole me? The stripper? How cute." I said in a sarcastic tone and gave a fake smile. He glanced up from his phone and mugged me. "Don't hype. The way you be staring, you want this d-"