Chapter 1: Breaking In, Breaking Out

A/N Enjoy, please leave a review, and I hope this chapter bring a bit of delight to your day. Thanks you very much.

Kara:
Walking around my cell, the heat from the red sun generators rendering me powerless, I kept an eyes on the door leading to my cell. As if on cue, the door open and Black Adam and Wonder Woman walk in.

"Kara," Wonder Woman starts, "It been a month once more. Have you reconsider your cousin's offer? If you do, you finally be out of that cage. Not just wasting your time until you die."

"I would rather die in here than help either of you two hurt innocent people," I scream back. "You can stop wasting your time here! I'm not changing my mind!"

"I told you she wouldn't," Black Adam yell, a streak of lightning pulsing through his right arm. "Let Superman transform her already! We wasted three long months talking! No more wasting time!"

"I agree," Wonder Woman says after awhile. "Sorry Kara, but look like you're going to be joining Batman. Tell him I say hi."

Feeling like someone had just froze me, I kept headstrong.

"It won't work," I scream, showing them my clench fist. "It won't work on me! You'll just be wasting more time! And beside, in order to do it, you'll have to take me out of this cage! And once I'm far enough away and fully recharge, I take both you down!"

"Maybe," reply Wonder Woman, crossing her arms, "But you won't take down Brainiac Superman. Or Brainiac Batman. Together, they're invincible. And they'll be performing the operation."

Instantly, as soon as she say those words, I felt my throat close and my limbs go numb. Force onto my knees, I let my head hang over.

"Pathetic girl," Black Adam said as he and Wonder Woman turn around to leave. "Superman and Batman should be here in no more than an hour. Once done, we can invade the Green Lantern Corp."

"Yes Black Adam! I'll call Superman right now."

Listening to their conversation until the end, when the door close, I couldn't hold it back anymore. I felt the tears leak out, watch them drop onto the ground through blurry vision.

"Uncle," I said, covering my mouth with my hands, "Aunt! Mom! Dad! I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! You send me here to protect Kal, and I couldn't do it! And now! And now! And now he leading an invasion! With the ship that destroyed our homeworld! You never should have send me! I should have die with you!"

"I wouldn't go that far," said a voice suddenly, startling me.

Wiping my eyes, I look around for whoever it was that was talking. Despite how close the voice sounded, I couldn't see anyone in my cell block. Only me and my reflection.

"Don't worry," the voice continue, "I'm here to help. Also, I'm right in front of you."

Turning my head back in front, I was surprise to see a man standing right in front of cell's control panel. The man wore a black shirt underneath a jacket with many pocket, some long brown pants and for some reasons, wore a pair of black and blue sunglasses.

"Who-Who are you," I ask, slowly getting up. "How did you get in here? Are you another one of my cousin's regimens, here to try and turn me?"

"Who I am is not important," the man quickly reply, his attention focus entirely on the control panel. Typing so fast, I couldn't hardly keep track of his hands, he continue talking.

"How I get in here is also not important. Also, no, I am not one of Superman's regimes. I seem those losers around and quite frankly, I rather not be one of them."