Chapter 41: Leaving

A/N To the people who have been affected by the coronavirus and the recent shootings. I know these three chapters aren't much but I hope reading them still bring a bit of delight to your days. Thanks you.

Hal:
"You want me to what," I say, bringing up my green ring.

"I want you to try and kill me," the man in sunglasses says, his arms crossed and his foot tapping.

"I'm not going to kill you," I reply, backing up. "As much as I hate you, I'm not going to kill you. I'm trying to be a hero!"

"Okay first," the man says, putting up a finger. "Currently, we are not heroes, we are villains. Second, trust me when I say this. No matter how hard you try, you cannot kill me. You cannot even make me say "ouch"."

"You sure about that," Barry yells from the sideline of the "battleground", Oliver and rest standing beside him. In a large, rectangle-shaped room with shiny, black walls, the man and I stood face-to-face in a large, painted box.

"Very sure," the man answer. "Maybe once, you could have beaten me. Now however, not so much. So, in the most literal manner, do your worst."

"Fine," Barry screams, "You ask for it. Hal, don't hold back!"

Hesitate, I activate my ring's power and jump into the air. Flying back, I aim at the man and fire a green beam. To my surprise, he didn't even bother to try and move. Taking on the full blast, he stay completely still, his foot still tapping.

"Wow," the man joke, scratching his cheek. "That was so powerful. My cheek is so itchy. Wait, was that what you were aiming for? An "itching" blast?"

"No way," I say, staring at the man and my ring. "How did he survive that? That was my most powerful attack."

Thinking it over, to now and before when he grabbed my hand, I focus my will and summon two buzz saws.

"You wanted me to try and kill you," I say, pulling back my arm. "Fine. Let's see what you got."

Launching my arm forward, the saws shot forward, spinning with the teeth turning into fast-moving blurs. Actually moving this time, the man back flip out of the way, the saws hitting the ground. Despite spinning, I couldn't pull them out.

Supergirl:
Too focus on trying to get the buzz saws out, Green Lantern didn't see the man pull something from his pocket.

"Watch out," Barry yells, getting Hal's attention. Pointing at the man, he turn his head just in time to get hit in the face by whatever it is the man threw. Exploding in his face, he drop a little before recovering. Holding his face, he then reveal to all of us some sort of black-blue goo blinding him.

Screaming as he try to rub it off, Hal summon some green water and wash the goo right off.

"What is this," he yells, the water vanishing and the goo falling down. "Nevermind! Where is he? Where is he!"

Looking all around, we find the man running away from Hal.

"There," Barry yells, pointing at him. Seeing and firing another blast, the man outrun the beam. About to run into a wall, he instead jump and leap off of it, the beam hitting the wall.

Jumping so high he grab Hal by the foot, he then swing up and flip Hal onto his back. The man's feet on the ceiling now, he push off and ram his shoulder into Hal's chest.

"Oh," Leonard says, chuckling. "That gonna hurt. And in more way than one."

Rolling a few feet away from Hal as he was getting up, he turn away and look back at him. Moaning and holding his chest, Hal look at the man. Despite his "chest pain", he still try to fight.