Chapter 40: Help is Needed

The Man:
Turning my head to the first people to arrive, I turn the stove to low and offer both Snart and Kyle a stack of freshly-made pancakes.

"Help yourself," I say, shaking in front of them a bottle of maple syrups. "Be generous. That's the only bottle we got."

Surprisingly, not so surprisingly, the two were very hesitate of my pancakes. It wasn't the doc show up and started digging in that they follow.

"Hey doc," I says, sliding onto the table a plate of smoked sausages. "How are the three?"

"They're fine," the doc reply, wiping some falling syrups from his mouth. "They checked out of the incubator awhile ago and I show them to their rooms. They should be here soon."

"Okay."

One by one, the other Insurgents walk in; Ivy, Harleen, Oliver, Dinah, Kara, and even Barry himself. Thought slow to take a seat, they eventually felt comfortable enough to fill their stomachs. Well, everyone except the "fastest man alive".

"How can you guys eat this," he asks, pushing away a plate.

"It's foods," Cold reply, stuffing his face with some bacon and sausages. "It's really delicious foods!"

"Yeah," Harleen says, joining in with a mouthful of waffles and syrups. Closing and swallowing the mouthful, she then move onto the scramble eggs I prepared.

"Hey," the professor says, reaching over the table. "Please hand me the orange juice."

"Here you are," Jason reply, grabbing the pitcher and handing it over. "Hey, can you give me the milks?"

"Sure," Jaime says, giving the Jason the gallon of milk.

"Are you not eating anything," Kara asks, putting down fork with a piece of meat on it.

"Yeah no," Crane interrupts, wiping his mouth again. "He doesn't really eat. Or at least, I've never once seen him eat."

"Really? Once?"

"I do eat," I yell from afar. "I just tend to do it without others watching and by my lonesome."

About to offer the last batch of pancakes, waffles, bacon, eggs, and sausages, I stop when someone barge in.

"I need to go," Green Lantern screams, bringing up his flashing green ring. "I need to go now!"

"Oh shoot," I says, looking between breakfasts and Green Lantern. "I completely forget about you. Here, you can have this last batch. Be warn however, we're out of syrups and very low on juice and milks."

Offering him the foods and nudging him toward an empty spot at the table, he shove it aside and brought back his flashing ring.

"I need to go now," he repeats, "Oa need me! Where's the exit! Aaahh! Nevermind! Give me one of those teleporters! I can use that instead!"

"Hey easy there early bird," I say, dropping the pans and plates. "What's going on? What's with the sudden urge to leave?"

"Didn't you hear me! Oa need me! They're under attack!"

"Under attack," Barry says, getting up from the table. "What do you mean by under attack? By who? Superman?"

Walking right up to Hal and bumping me aside, he then look at the ring. Taking a step back, Hal raise the ring high into the air. Once high enough, a voice then start talking.

"Hal," a voice yells, the sound of explosive almost canceling it out completely. "Hal! This is Guy here! I'm on Oa! We're under attack by yellow lanterns! We need your help! Get here now!"