I pull her out the door, and her mouth opens and shuts like a fish. I chuckle; she's just so cute. We walk to the car, hands entwined. I open the door for her then go to my side.

Ella's POV:

Declan insists we go get ice cream to cheer us up. He said, and I quote, "Ice cream fixes everything, babe." I can't help but giggle. He always knows how to cheer me up.

There are so many things to worry about, but right now, I'm going to forget for a little while. I just want to be here with Declan and be happy.

He makes me happy. I love his goofy smiles and his confident smirks. I love how his hands perfectly entwine with mine. I love how he always makes me smile and makes me feel better. I love just about everything about him.

There's nothing about him that could make me love him less. I love him more than I love myself. It's probably unhealthy to love someone so much, but I do. He's isn't perfect, but he's perfect for me.

There are so many insecurities and problems that I have, but he doesn't care. I don't actually know what he sees in me, but I'm feel blessed that he chose me.

We pull into the ice cream shop, and Declan has a huge smile displayed on his face. I can't help but laugh.

"What?" He asks innocently.

"Nothing," He leans over and kisses my cheek before getting out. I get out of the truck, and Declan immediately entwines our hands back together.

"I love you," He says.

My heart beats erratically in my chest, "I love you too."

We walk over to the window where they serve ice cream. I slowly start to trail behind Declan. I keep scanning the area, worried. It's the first time I have been out of Declan's apartment since I've been kidnapped.

I'm not good in public places anyway, but this makes it worse. My anxiety still gets to me when there are so many people around.

He notices and squeezes my hand. "You good?"

I don't know how to reply to that. I'm not comfortable with all these people. There are a couple of people in line ahead of us, but on the picnic tables surrounding the ice cream shop, there are many. Who knows who's here; someone could be watching me.

He leans down so I can hear him. "I'm right here." I nod my head, still nervous.

Then I realize I have to order. I can't order my ice cream. I always have my mom or Thomas do it, but they're not here. I look down sheepishly. I feel like such a child. Now I want to go back to Declan's place.

"Hey, what is it?" He lifts my chin back up.

"Nothing," I say nervously.

I turn my head, noticing my hand is becoming sweaty in Declan's. This is so embarrassing. Who gets nervous about ordering ice cream?

"Ellie," He asks softly.

I can feel my body heat up. Embarrassment tingles in my stomach. "I-I..." I try to speak, but I don't want him to think I'm childish. I look back at his car and then at the ordering window that we're getting close to; he watches my gaze.

Declan steps in front of me, turning his body so I'm in his full view. He takes both my hands in his, "You can tell me." He caresses my face, instantly calming me down.

I lean into his chest and mumble quietly, "C-can you o-order for me?"

His strong arms wrap around me, making me feel safe. A small chuckle escapes his lips in response. "You're adorable." He says, running his hands through my hair.

"You don't have to be shy with me, Lil' one. Yes, I'll order for you." I smile into his chest.

I squeeze him tighter and look up at him. He leans down and kisses my forehead. "What flavor do you want?"

"Chocolate with chocolate sprinkles," I whisper; he turns around and walks up to the ordering window; I stay right behind him.

After he orders our ice cream, we stand to the side and wait. "Declan, I didn't bring my money," I say guilty, I should have offered to pay.

"You're too cute. Even if you did bring money, I wouldn't let you pay."

A blush rises, and a small smile spreads across my face; he always knows how to make me happy.

Declan gets our ice cream for us, and he hands me mine. We decide to eat in the car because Declan knows I get anxious easily. I also feel safer knowing that he won't take me if Declan's right next to me, "Thank you." He smiles and holds my hand.

He got chocolate peanut butter ice cream. By the looks of it, he was enjoying it.

*

Today has been a long day; everything seems unreal; so much has happened this week. Every corner I turn, I'm scared. I'm scared to be taken again, and I'm scared of what could happen to Declan.

He's been right by my side. I've been more aware of my surroundings, making sure I notice every little detail. I don't want to be alone again. I don't want to think about not being able to see Declan or my family again.

Being in that dim room alone was horrible. My wrists are all bruised and cut up from those ropes, reminding me that it did happen. My anxiety was amplified, causing me to have multiple attacks when I was there. Every time I woke up, I would freak out and blackout again. Half of the time I was there, I was unconscious.

Just thinking about it makes it hard to breathe. I push it out of my mind and lay in Declan's arms on the couch. We're watching some action movie Declan put on.

Declan brought me back to his apartment. He doesn't want me out of his sight. I called my mom, telling her I was sorry and that I would be staying the night at Declan's. Surprisingly she didn't object, which I'm glad for.

I didn't want to leave Declan's side. My mom doesn't know what happened to me, and Declan's the only one who understands how I feel. He's the only person who sees the real me.

I self conscientiously rubs my wrists, feeling the dull ache of the bruises. Declan turns me around and looks over my wrists.

He picks each one up and leaves soft kisses on them. "I'm so sorry you got taken," He whispers.

I shake my head, feeling the water start to build up in my eyes, "It wasn't your fault."

"It doesn't matter. I shouldn't have let it happen."

"You didn't know," I reply quietly. A tear breaks loose.

He brushes it away, "I should have been the one to carry you out. Hell, I should have been more careful."

"How did you get those bruises, Declan?" I ask, concerned.

He closes his eyes and then opens them again. "Don't worry about it." More tears escape my eyes as I touch his face softly. He must be in pain, but he hides it so well.

We stare at each other, letting the silence speak for us. I place a kiss on his cheek and hug him.

Edited by @Marilyn_McKnight! Thank you, I appreciate you lots!