Thirty Nine

Ayyyy guess who's back with another update?!

That's right, bitches. Buckle up 😜

💙 💔 💙

The sun had completely disappeared by the time Michael's car pulled up out the front of Big D's house. Green eyes cast their cold gaze across the home, the street already alive with wandering gangsters and fights down the other end of the lane. A few people glanced his way but paid him no heed, leaving him to his own devices because he'd grown up on those streets and he knew almost anyone who lived and worked along them.

He had his phone to his ear as he locked his car and shoved his keys into his pocket, giving a curt nod to a man leaning back against the wall of the house with a drink in one hand and a cigarette in the other.

"You bring that kid home, Mike." Zayn's voice came through his phone. "I ain't got the slightest clue why the actual fuck Luke took him there, but I'm gon' fuckin' whoop his ass next time I see him."

"I'll get Cal, don't worry." Michael walked into the bustling house, music low but loud enough to dance to. "Gonna go, catch you in ten. If I ain't there, call someone."

"Got it." Zayn hung up, and Michael put his phone away; walking up to a shortish woman with a red plastic cup and a wild afro. 

"Yo, Vixen?" He tapped her shoulder and she turned with an automatic scowl that disappeared when she saw Michael.

"Killshot! Baby, where you been?!" She was old enough to be Michael's mother even though she didn't look it, and whenever Michael was on the scene you'd alway catch her with a smile.

"Out and about." He gave her a hug and she beamed with pride; reaching up and pinching his cheek. 

"Doin' the teenage shit, huh?" She laughed and let his cheek go when he swatted her away with a joking huff.

"Mostly weed, you know?" He chuckled when she rolled her eyes. "You seen Luke?"

"Yeah, he came through earlier. Went out back." She took a sip of her drink. "You happen to know who that kid he's with is? Some tall Asian guy?"

"Yeah, I know him. And surprisingly, he's not Asian." Michael gave her a friendly pat on the shoulder, walking towards the backyard. "Thanks, Vix."

"Anytime, honey!" She called after him. "Stay outta trouble!"

"Always!" He called back, before stepping outside; slightly relieved there wasn't as many people out and about through the house as he expected.

He spotted Luke and Calum with ease, the two of them standing with a few of the higher ranking gangsters. Damn Luke really dragged Calum's innocent ass right into the middle of Hell and acted like it was okay.

Michael was beyond furious, but he'd be in some real trouble if he even thought about starting an in-gang war with Luke at that very moment. Inside feuds were sorted behind Big D's back or they weren't acknowledged at all. That was the untold rule Big D dragged to the gang when he became leader.