Forty

Ashton was definitely surprised at all the chaos that had happened since he left, hearing it from Michael made it feel almost impossible how bad things had gotten.

He had his work cut out for him, and he knew that if he was going to pull Luke from that gang then he needed to bring in a few extra hands to the war.

"I didn't mean to fuck it all up." Michael rambled, sitting on the couch while Ashton stood up and listened; stretching his legs because he'd been on a plane and sitting down for hours previous.

"You didn't. It's a joint factor." Ashton dismissed Michael's fret. He thought for a moment, eyebrows furrowed and eyes dark. "Alright." He eventually said, looking directly to Michael. "I'm gonna have to ask you a serious question, one whose answer never leaves us."

"...okay?"

"I'm serious, you answer this question and you're gonna be classed a traitor."

"You're my best mate." Michael determinedly said. "Hit me with it, I don't care 'bout anyone else."

"What did Luke do to join the Badgers?"

"I don't-"

"Don't tell me you don't know, Mike." Ashton scorned. "You would've heard rumours. Tell me them."

"Ganked some superior Serpent." Michael said, hating the way the words rolled off his tongue. "Apparently Knuckles helped him dispose the body, and there's a cop on the inside too; corrupt and on Luke's side."

"No wonder you say he's got a high regard." Ashton let out a sigh of dismay. "Alright... Shit this is bad."

"I know!"

"The Serpents are planning a big turf war." Ashton went on the explain. "It's got my men on edge too-"

Michael frowned, catching on to what the man said, "Wait, your men-?"

"I gotta get Luke out before the war breaks, the streets will kill him just for having shaken hands with Riko and that, let alone Big D."

"Ash, what do you mean your men?" Michael was desperate to figure out what his best mate was talking about.

"I got a few trump cards, Mike. Don't fret." Ashton dismissed him yet again, taking a phone from his pocket. "I'm gonna make a quick call."

He spared Michael a glance. "I reckon Cal's quietened down, you might wanna go check him. I'll come join you in a sec."

"Ash-!"

"Go." Ashton warned and Michael sighed in defeat; too done with shit to bother questioning his last hope any further.

He left Ashton in the lounge as the male dialled someone's number and began a new conversation.

💙 💔 💙

💙 💔 💙

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.