Eleven

TA DAAA double update 💃

🚬🍓🚬☠️🚬🍓🚬

"C'mon dude!" Michael shouted, calling for Luke who was in the kitchen. "You find a knife yet?!"

Luke rolled his eyes, plucking a knife from the kitchen sink and running the hot water over it.

Calum rest his head on Michael's shoulder, voice quiet as he spoke. "Thanks for doing this."

"Had to do something for the guy." Michael said. "I took his best friend from him on his own big day."

Calum sighed and Michael spoke again. "How old's he turning anyway?"

"Seventeen."

"How old are you?"

"Seventeen." Calum repeated, sitting up as Luke came back into the lounge.

"Finally!" Michael playfully exclaimed. "Took ya' long enough."

"Shut up. All your knives were dirty, I had to clean it first." Luke passed the knife to Calum as he sat back down on the couch, only to have the knife given back.

"You're supposed to cut the cake." Calum said. "Don't hit the bottom otherwise you'll have to kiss me."

"Like hell." Michael wrapped an arm around Calum's shoulders and tugged him closer to his side.

Calum blushed, trying to play it off cool as he looked at Luke. "I would've put candles but Mike didn't have any."

"It's fine."

"No it's not~!" Calum whined. "You can't make your wish now."

"Can my wish be for you to shut up?" Luke joked and Calum poked his tongue out at him.
He cut three separate pieces out of the round vanilla cake, setting the knife down and waiting for both Michael and Calum to grab their piece until he got his own.

The front door opened with a jingle of keys, and all three boys turned their heads to see Ashton walk inside.

Michael grinned mischievously, exchanging glances with Calum who seemed surprised Ashton had agreed to come over.

Luke wasn't sure what to think. Ashton should be with his girlfriend, having fun and being content. Not stuck with a bunch of lame assholes whose definition of fun is a carton of beers, a couple mixes of drugs and a game of truth or dare.

"Aw Ashy, you made it~!" Michael teased.

"Shut the fuck up." Ashton snapped, walking over to them. He pulled the plastic bunch of flowers from his jacket and roughly tossed them into Luke's lap.

"Here." He deadpanned. "They were on sale. Happy birthday, or whatever."

Luke really wanted to make a comment about it, to tease and bicker with the older boy, but he couldn't. He felt a weight stack on his shoulders as soon as he touched the flowers in his lap and suddenly he couldn't say anything but a quiet "thanks".

Ashton would never actually want him. He had Angela. He had a beautiful, strong woman who could give him everything he wanted and more. He didn't need a pathetic blond baby who's only passing school and living well because his friend's smart and has a household that's not violent all the time.

He didn't see the frown on Calum's face or on Michael's when he didn't make any comments; simply let Ashton wander off further into the house.

"You okay, Lu?" Calum placed a careful hand on his back, worried.

"Just tired, you know?" Luke fiddled with a blue petal between his fingers.