Thirty Seven

Luke could taste the rain on Calum's lips, that feverish chill that sent shivers down his spine as the brunet kissed him like they would never be together again. Luke had sat himself up, Calum still in his lap now subtly grinding down against his crotch.

It felt right, every movement, every touch, it felt so right.
Everything was hot, passionate, moving quickly even though time had stood still. There was nothing beyond Luke's room, nothing but a blur beyond his bed.

"God, Cal-" Luke groaned quietly, arms wrapped around Calum's neck as he breathed heavily. His usually light blue eyes were darkened with lust, gazing into the thick brown that stared back with just as much fury.

Calum hummed, lips trailing down Luke's neck, teeth nipping at his soft pale skin as he left sizzling red marks in his wake. His hands gripped the bottom of Luke's shirt, pulling it up and over his head with one foul swoop before tossing it aside.

Luke shuddered with the sudden chill that wrapped itself like a warning around his body, a warning that if he ventured too far into the darkness of his desperate safety he wouldn't be able to make his way back.

But that was the mistake he made, the chill through his body only giving him more need to chase after the warmth Calum gave. The burning hot marks across his neck slowly began to trail down his body; kissed into his collarbones as fingers tangled themselves into his messy blond hair.

One hand smoothed down his back, a caress of heat he arched into with a breathless gasp.

"You're so cold..." Calum muttered, lips barely inches from Luke's perked nipple and eyes gazing up at the blond's face.

"Warm me up?" Luke's voice was close to a whimper, desperate for a cocoon of heat he knew Calum could give him.

"Here..." Calum lifted his head slightly and gently took hold of Luke's shaking hands. Slowly, he smoothed them beneath his pink shirt and pressed them to his back; body heat radiating off of him. "Hold me, and I'll do the rest."

Luke didn't have to be asked twice, encompassing himself in the compassion that glistened with Calum's eyes; the beauty that swelled in his heart and drowned him in passion. He hugged himself to Calum's warmth, letting his head lull as the brunet massaged his hands over his back; delicate fingertips running along his spine as heat spots were kissed into his neck once more.

"Cal, I'm sorry I was such a dick." Luke's voice was quiet, but honest. "It's just... I feel so alone."

Calum's lips gently brushed up over his neck, eyes flickering to meet with vulnerable blue. "You've got me, Lu. You've always got me, no matter what."

"I...I know, but... I just-" Luke struggled to find the right words to say, but Calum never faltered; watching him with careful eyes and holding him close. "When Ash left, I got scared... Really scared. I... I was sad, Calum."

Calum's fingertips smoothed tenderly over Luke's cheek, caressing his head as a loving gesture to ensure the blond felt safe with him.

"I wanted to die, m-more than usual... It-It scared me a-and now I'm with this gang and I'm acting like-like-like... I dunno, but you know."

"I know." Calum reassured.

"I miss him." Luke mumbled, heartbroken. "He used me, but I miss him so bad."

"It'll be okay." Calum tried to ease his pain, offering a gentle kiss to his already kiss swollen lips. "I'm right here to help you through it."

Luke held Calum closer, keeping their lips attached as though too afraid to let go and face the true reality of what he'd said.
It was easier to hide his pain in Calum, than ever be forced to face it head on.