Fifty Two

Y'all prepare yourselves for a few choppy time blocks lmao I didn't want to upload a tiny update so I've packed it somewhat together for you guys.

💔 💫 💔

"The cops are gonna be at our door any moment now, kid." Liam spoke firmly to Ashton who was sitting at the kitchen table. "They're gonna have leads and insiders tryna take you out. Big D had a lot of friends."

"Most of them dead now." Ashton calmly replied, a certain unsettling darkness in his eyes. "I wouldn't worry about this, Li. This is my fight, my town, okay? Cops aren't getting me."

"They're smarter than we give credit for." Liam pointed out, leaning back against the counter.

"So am I." Ashton said. "I didn't walk into that gang house without a plan, I told Louis what I was gonna do and he told me how to clean it up. It's sorted."

"Pigs are still gonna be mad." Zayn's voice chimed in as he joined the conversation; walking in and heading for the fridge. "They like to catch bad guys, not lose 'em."

"As far as they know it was an internal gang fight gone wrong." Ashton said. "That's all they're gonna think because my men know that if one mouth opens I will make an example of them."

"I hate to ask, but what kind of example?" Liam questioned, uneasy.

"A bad one." Ashton vaguely said. "Look, anyway, I've got this under control." He glanced at his watch before getting up from the table. "Right now I gotta take Lu down to the station. Cops wanna question us."

"What's the cover?" Zayn quizzed, skeptical.

"I was there to get my boyfriend. Shit went down when I left."

"What's his cover?" Liam asked, this time with a harsher tone. He couldn't risk losing both kids to the police, especially not after the shit they went through.

"Drugged at a party." Ashton mused. "They got evidence of it, can't dispute it."

"You just be careful, Ash. Don't let those pigs push your buttons." Zayn warned as Ashton left.

💔 💫 💔

💔 💫 💔

With a thud of Ashton's car door, the gangster adjusted his leather jacket over his shoulders; hazel eyes gazing upon Michael's apartment complex.

Luke really was a sweet soul, because even though Michael had bruised him to the deepest of purples he was still willing to try and help the man through his tough times. Even if it meant walking from Liam's to Michael's early morning to get Michael out of bed and eating breakfast.

Ashton hadn't been too keen on the idea, not that he didn't trust Michael because he did but he certainly didn't trust Michael's drug addiction. He liked to refer to them as two different people, because the Michael he grew up with and the Michael he lost to drugs were definitely not the same.