1. Before.

When I wrote In The Woods When First We Met, I had requests from many of my readers for the story to continue all the way up through Anne and Gilbert getting married and their life together. (What, 239 chapters weren't enough? LOL)

I liked the idea of writing more about their lives together as adults, but...I really wanted my story just to focus on Anne's healing, since that had been the goal of the story when I wrote it.

However, now that In The Woods When First We Met is over, I am going to start this new story that branches off of that story. This one WILL go all the way up through their married life.

This story is kind of an alternate version of In The Woods-

In that story, Anne did not get pregnant.

In this story, she does.

It seems mean to make her pregnant in the story but a reader in my last story pointed out that it would be very interesting, from a writing perspective, because Anne would have some complicated feelings for a writer to explore- she doesn't want to have a baby, but because she is an orphan herself, the idea of leaving a baby as an orphan would be difficult for her, and, there is the thought that she has never before had any person on this earth she knows she is related to.

If you have read In The Woods, let me say where this story begins. This story picks up at chapter 198 of In The Woods. Chapter 198 was called "Mother Nature Returns". To re-cap (I don't want you to feel like you need to re-read), in that chapter, Anne finally got her period and thereby knows she is not pregnant. So, obviously, since she IS pregnant in this story, then that chapter never happened. We will "begin" where chapter 198 would be. : )

Note: Cover photo of baby is from a stock photo site you're allowed to use for noncommercial use. Just wanted you to know I didn't steal someone's baby's photo. : )