He was betrayed and lied to by other people and then he betrayed and lied to himself.

SheLiedSheLiedSheLiedSheLiedSheLiedSheLiedSheLiedSheLied—

"SAKUYA-SAN!"

~{&}~

Sakuya was woken up with a start, cold sweat rolling down his neck as he snapped his eyes open in a fraction of a second and he bounced from his bed, sitting up straight while clasping a hand over his clothed chest and panting rapidly.

He couldn't breathe properly nor could he hear anything, and the walls seemed to be caving him in, taunting him and he felt like he was floating, drifting away from his body.

She died because of you. You're the reason why everything has went to hell. She betrayed you, she broke your promise. And then, what did you do?

You betrayed yourself by lying to the police about what happened and claiming your parents' innocence.

He dug his sharp fingernails into his neon green hair, wincing slightly at the pain but it grounded him a little when he registered the pain in, telling himself that his body was still there.

His mind slowly came back to him, bit by bit, and he could start to hear things now, like his heartbeat and his breath and the annoying but familiar feminine voice repeating words over and over again.

"—You're at home. You're safe. Come on, Sakuya-San. You're safe. You don't need to fear anything. You're at home. Sakuya-San, there is nothing for you to fear. You're at home and you're safe—"

"Yeah yeah... I'm at home and I'm safe, I get it. You can stop now, Otogiri. God, you sound like a robot..." Sakuya grunted as he slowly peeled his fingers from his scalp and exhaled deeply.

Otogiri frowned at his reply,"No good-morning for me? Well then, good-morning to you. How was my morning? Oh, it was terrible. It's embarrassing me on how terrible it was. Tsubaki-San and Belkia-San trashed the kitchen and Shamrock-San is cleaning it up right now, thanks for asking."

Sakuya rolled his eyes at that,"Alright fine, yeah, good-morning. Who taught you on how to sass like that? You were much nicer back then."

"Belkia-San did."

"That bastard," Sakuya mumbled beneath his breath before turning back to meet her eyes with a thankful look,"Thank you for waking me up, by the way."

Otogiri's previously sassy eyes morphed into soft ones when she heard that,"Anytime. You were tossing in your sleep and I grew worried."

Sakuya had always been the youngest of the melancholy team (excluding Lilac) so of course, the others would get protective of him, especially with what's he's gone through; more so with Otogiri, since she was the strings that kept the team together (pun intended) and a 'Protective Mom' mode had awakened in her.

Sakuya chuckled a bit before turning his gaze to his hands and he reminisced about his... nightmare he had.

Was it really his fault that she died? Did he betray her? Or did she betray him? Who really was at fault here?

No, it was his scumbags of a parents' fault that everything went to hell.

But still, he betrayed and lied to himself too by keeping his parents' innocence about what really happened, and it came to bite him back in the ass when he got pushed down too.

Betrayal and lies were troublesome and painful things, and they were two sides of a coin; one cannot exist without the other.

He hated the feeling of being betrayed and lied to, and that was why when Mahiru called him and told him that Sleepy Ash had betrayed him after all he's done for him, he acted fast to get to his best-friend's aid and try to not get him to break.