~49. Rejected~

Veronica's POV

About an hour after I left school, someone knocked on the door. It must be Nessa, I thought.

-"Hi, Roni," Nessa said as I opened up the door.

-"What happened to your arm?" I said worriedly.

-"Nothing serious. I just needed some stitches. That's all."

-"That's all? Did Grayson do this to you?"

-"No, of course not. Actually, kinda. But he didn't mean to do that."

-"Yeah, just like he didn't mean to break your arm."

-"Roni it was an accident. I promise."

-"Why do you always protect him. He has caused you so much pain but you continue taking his side."

-"There are no sides here Roni. Can't you just deal with the fact that it was just an accident and nothing more?" Nessa said raising her voice.

-"No, I CAN'T. He has done so many bad things to you but you don't understand that. I know that you fell for him but you keep on seeing him. And I know it sounds dramatic and shit but I don't want you to get hurt from him, ever again. You have to take him out of your mind Nessa. As difficult as that is." I

-"I know Roni. It's just too hard. On the other side, there is Alex." She said leaving me speechless.

-"What about Alex?" I said winking my eye.

-"Well, we have been really close to each other for the past week or so and we actually kissed yesterday," Nessa said blushing.

-"NO WAY. You and Alex? I didn't see that one coming."

-"Yeah, me neither."

-"And how was it?"

-"It was good. Not like Grayson's but good. At least being with him is making me forget about Gray."

-"That's good. It sucks that he is Aaron's brother but still, I am really happy for you." I said and we hugged.

-"I am going to go upstairs," Nessa said but the doorbell cut her off.

-"Who could it be?" Nessa said and answered the door.

~2 hours earlier~ (in case you are confused, Nessa returned home and talked to Roni and now Grayson is still at school. So basically the two POV's are happening almost at the same time. Hope that makes sense.)

Grayson's POV

After I left the nurse's office I went to the detention but Ethan was nowhere to be found. Roni was there, sleeping on her desk and Nessa was still at the nurse's office.

-"Roni, are you awake?" I said and slightly pushed her shoulder.

-"Now I am." She said yawning. "What happened to your hand? And where's Nessa?" She said worriedly.

-"Umm...nothing serious. She is at the nurse's office."

-"WHAT? Why?"

-"She will explain later."

-"You better not hurt her, more than you already have." She said and stood up.

-"Where are you going?"