~43. Busted~

~2 weeks later~

Vanessa's POV

It has been a couple of weeks since I last talked with Grayson. I have been trying to contact him non stop but he won't pick up his phone. He has missed a lot of days at school and when he does actually show up he is trying to avoid me. The only person that he talks to is Ethan and not even that much. I have tried to go talk to him in person by his place but he never lets me in his room. We basically haven't talked since that day at school when he told me not to talk to him until he feels ready. But I can't seem to fulfill his wish. It is too hard to stop seeing and talking with the person I am in love with. 

On the other hand, I have Alex again to support me and comfort me. It has been tough with everything that has been going on with Gray and Alex managed to come in the perfect time and save the day. Roni has been doing really well with Ethan and I don't want to bother her with my problems so Alex is the only one that I have right now. He is basically the only person that I have been talking to the past 2 weeks and I can say that we are growing really close to each other. Spending that much time with Alex has made me feel... different about him. Sometimes I see him as more than a friend, but if I dumped Gray for Alex it would ruin him. But, I don't even know what Gray and I are now. We are not even talking. Maybe it is time to end things up with him.

All these thoughts were going flooding my mind when Roni came into my room and brought me back to reality.

-"Nessa, are you okay?" She said as she sat next to me.

-"Yeah, of course. Why?" I said trying to make my best fake smile.

-"I don't know, you just seem kinda off. Plus the fact that I have been yelling you from downstairs if you want to grab a coffee with me for the past 5 minutes, getting no reply." 

-"Oh, sorry. I was just thinking."

-"About what?"

-"Umm... Nothing important." I said lowering my head.

-"Are you sure?" She said crossing her arms and raising her eyebrow.

-"Yes," I said without looking at her.

-"I know there is something that bothers you and I am not going to pressure you to tell me. When you feel the need to talk to someone about it you know you can always come to me." She said rubbing my shoulder. She then stood up and left the room. 

God, I am so stupid. This was the perfect opportunity to talk to her and I wasted it. Good job Nessa. 

I was about to go downstairs to grab something to eat when my phone started ringing. Showing the name on the phone made me smile.

-"Hey, Nessa."

-"Hey, Alex."

-"Do you have any plans for the evening?"

-"No, I don't."

-"Great. Do you want to grab a coffee or something to eat? I am bored as fuck."

-"Yeah, sure. Starbucks at 7?"

-"Sounds good. See you then."

-"Bye," I said and hung up.

I saw the time on my phone and realized I had about half an hour to get ready and go there. Starbucks is 10 minutes away from my house so I had 20 minutes to prepare. I opened my closet and started looking for a decent looking outfit to wear. I was looking for the perfect one for about 5 minutes and realized that it was probably time to go shopping. I put on one of my favorite shirts and a pair of black jeans. I did a natural make up and headed downstairs.