~10. Closer~

Grayson's POV

-"Hey, are you okay?"

-"Yeah, I am fine. It's just that, Veronica always tries to help me but, instead she makes feel worse."

-"What do you mean?"

-"Basically I had been alone my whole life. She is more outgoing and famous than me, but I am not like her. She likes has a boyfriend, likes going to parties and has a lot of friends. I never had a boyfriend or a lot of friends." She said and left a sigh.

-"You shouldn't compare yourself with your sister. You will eventually get what you want. You will have a boyfriend, who will love you and a lot of friends surrounding you."

 -"You really believe that?"

-"Of course. You seem like a really caring person, who helps others and is fun to talk too. You are also very pretty and have good looking characteristics that attract boys." I said and she looked down blushing.

-"Thanks. For everything you said." She said and fell in my arms giving me a tight hug.

-"You're welcome and I would really want to hang out with you. Without our siblings."

-"I think that would be a great idea." She said and we headed back inside.

Veronica's POV

By the time Nessa got out of the store, she started crying in Grayson's arms. I didn't mean to hurt her. I was just trying to help. She has told me how badly she needs someone in her life to love her, so I wanted to try pairing them up. I didn't expect her to react like that.

-"Why is she crying?"

-"I honestly don't know. I was just trying to help her."

-"Yeah, I noticed. Do you think she likes him?"

-"I am positive about it. I know that she really wants a boyfriend and she seems to feel comfortable and happy around him."

-"He also acts like that. When I shouted at Vanessa he started yelling at me trying to protect her."

-"Why did you yell at my sister?"

-"I didn't mean to. I can really be a dick sometimes without realizing it. I apologized to her though so we are good now."

-"I think we should try to pair them up. They would look good together."

-"I think so too," Ethan said as Vanessa and Grayson walked back inside.

-"I am sorry Nessa. I just wanted to help you." I said and gave her a hug.

-"It's okay. Just mind your own business and not mine, please." 

-"Okay," I said and sat down.

An hour later we split up and headed back home. We didn't say anything on the way back. After a few minutes, I tried breaking the silence.

-"Nessa I am sorry okay? Can't we just talk for a sec?"

-"We got nothing to say." She angrily said.

-"So you will be mad at me for trying to help you?" I said and she continued walking without replying to me. "Nessa I am talking to you. You can't ignore me."

-"Wanna bet?" She said as we arrived home.

-"Hey girls. Did you have a nice time?" Our dad said as we walked in. Vanessa didn't even reply to him and went to her room.