Chapter 62

I shoot up in my bed, my breath forced and my eyes darting around the dark room.

"Mhm..." Someone shifts on my left. My eyes shoot to them, "are you alright?"

Her voice is soft and worried. It's Sylla...

Tears well up in my eyes. I quickly grasp her shoulders and feel her face.

"What are yo-!" I hug her tightly. My tears flowing freely.

"...you're alive...!" I sob softly.

She doesn't move for a while, but eventually she wraps her arms around me and asked. "Do you want to talk about it?"

She sits down in front of me, a robe covering her body.

I'm holding my head between my hands, tears still flowing freely, their crimson droplets are all I can focus on... in them I see everything... every single scene... every single death... every single face...

I can't look away...

"I've never seen you cry before... was it that bad?" Sylla asked me in a caring voice. She hands me a cup of tea... I don't move... I can't move...

"...yes..." I whisper.

"Can you tell me what happened?"

"...I don't know..."

"You don't know? Do you not remember what happened?"

"...it was far...far to real to forget..." I watch the scene of Sylla and I getting married in the droplets...

"Was it some kind of painful past memory?" She sets the cup on the ground and leans forward.

"I...I don't know what it was...but it felt so real...as if it had happened before..." my grip on my head tightens when the scene I see changed.

"Can you tell me something that happened in it? It may help." She kneels down in front of me.

"...this...is only a small fraction of what I saw..." I take an uneasy breath as the scene with Sylla plays again, "We were getting married..."

"Married? You and I?"

"Yes... we were happy together... but after we kissed... everything changed..."

"...changed? How?"

"...everyone there was dead...the church was in ruins...you were on the verge of death...standing over you...was..."

"Who was it?"

"...me...a twisted, evil version of myself..." my hands tighten again when the scene changes to the castle, "then...I'm in a castle...my mother and sister are there too...I kill my sister...but before I kill my mother...a blinding light appears...and a new scene is shown..." more tears come forth, "...that's...that's how they all end...in the castle..."

"..." Sylla doesn't speak, instead she wraps her arms around me, pulling me into a gentle embrace, "...how long would it take to tell me everything that happened...?"

"...hundreds of thousands of years...they...never end..."

"Ok...for now...just cry until you feel better...I'll be right here with you..."

And so I silently cry, unable to pry my eyes from the crimson pool beneath me...unable to deafen myself to the sickening sounds I hear...

I cry until I have no more tears to cry, but even then I can't stop...I can't stop seeing the scenes...

"...Master...?" A voice rings through the room. I don't look up...I can't...

Two pairs of footsteps run across the room to me.