Chapter 16

"What about Toru?" Serria asks.

"No, it just doesn't sound right..." Myra says.

"Zeta, maybe?"

"Still doesn't sound right..."

"My'kel?"

"No..."

It's been like this back and forth between the two for an hour now and they have gone through at least two thousand names minimum. When will they stick with a name?

Currently we're in a small lounge room. I'm next to the door used to enter and exit the room. Myra is next to Serria who is on a couch in the middle of the room. Damentis is sitting in a chair in the corner of the room.

"Then what about Zero?" Damentis asks. This is the first time he talked since we got here.

"IT'S PERFECT!!!" Serria yells after a short pause. Myra nods in agreement. I guess my new name is Zero. It's not that bad, I guess.

I hear the sound of footsteps outside the door. Hearing this I move closer to Myra, but off to the side so it doesn't look strange. The door opens.

"So it's true! Your back Myra!!" A man says. He looks to be in his late twenties. Wait...are those wolf ears on his head?

Myra immediately rushes behind me to hide from the man. This must mean that he's Hayden Darkyn. The one who can release my seal.

"Hello, you must be Hayden. I wanted to ask something of you." I say. He looks at me with a look of distaste, but it disappear as fast as it appeared. He doesn't like me at all...

"Yes, you are correct! What is it you wish to ask of me?" He replies with a friendly smile.

"I heard that your specialty is sealing magic, an I correct?" I return the smile.

"My, my! Your well informed! But dare I ask. Why does that matter?" The edge of his smile twitches.

"I need a seal removed. You think you can do that for me?" I retain my smile and friendly attitude.

"Oh? Is that all? Tell me. What is your name?" His smile widens and gives a sinister feeling. Myra grips my clothes tightly as she stays close to me.

"My name?" I feel both Myra and Damentis tense up. "My name is Zero" Both of them relax

"Zero? What an interesting name! Alright, Zero, I'll respect your request, that is" and there's the catch. There is always a catch! "If you can defeat me in a one on one duel." That's all? A duel?

Myra clenches my clothes even tighter. Damentis stands up and shouts in protest but stops when I raise my hand for silence.

"I accept your challenge. Where shall we duel?" I ask. I begin to mimic his sinister smile.

"Follow me..." he leaves the room and I follow. Myra stays close to me. Damentis and Serria follow from a distance.

Hayden leads us to the middle of the first floor by the entrance. He has everyone clear out of a large circular area.

"This is where we shall start!" He says. "I, Hayden Darkyn, hereby request an official duel with Zero!" Murmurs from the crowd can be heard. Someone steps forward.

"I will be the judge of this match! Zero!" They look at me. "Do you accept this challenge?" I nod. "Alright! Now state the reward for the winner!" I speak up first.

"If I win, Hayden has to remove the seal on my body." More murmurs are heard.

"Hayden?" The judge says.