Chapter 41

Shadow

Jesus...why is my body so stiff?

I open my eyes and look around as I slowly sit up, pain raking my body.

I'm not in my room from the ship, this one is completely different. It's almost like the one back at the store, but bigger and fancier... and has a lot more white... Everything in the room is white, the furniture, the walls, the floor, the bed, the sheets.

Wait, there's someone else is the bed. A woman who looks to be my age. She has long, silky purple hair with a pair of fox ears that glisten in the early light. Her face looks quite young and would draw the attention of anyone who saw it. In other words, she's quite beautiful.

But what I'm concerned with the most is why she is in the same bed as me... AND WHY IS SHE NAKED?!?!

I quickly leave the bed and head into the closet, keeping my eyes away from the strange woman.

Then I notice... I'm completely nude. What happened last night that I don't remember?

Actually, I don't remember much. The last thing I remember was plunging the dagger into my heart, then darkness.

As I continue to think, I get dressed in my usual combat outfit, but this time the jacket is longer and it reaches all the way down to my ankles. I couldn't find a shorter one.

I should take a run, my muscles are way too stiff for my liking.

As I walk through the building, I get strange looks from people as I pass. Each person just stops and stares in disbelief at me. Why is that, I wonder? Did something happen?

The building itself is the exact same layout as the last one so I quickly make my way outside.

What lies in wait for me out there, however, I did not expect.

Outside of the building just left me at a loss for words.

Streets made of marble and lined with gold. Vibrant flora as far as the eye can see. Towering building straight from ones own imagination.

This place is nothing short of magnificent.

But it's far too cold...

I stretch a bit and continue to admire the scene before me.

I start my run.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sylla

Nice and warm... exactly how I like my mornings, and beds.

I sit up in the bed and rub my eyes as I yawn.

I look to my left and outside the window. Sunlight pours through the crack in the curtains.

"I wonder what that greedy Syn will make me do today?" I slowly turn away from the window and look at Shadow, "and I wonder when I'll be able to be wi-"

I can't believe what I'm seeing.

Shadow is GONE!

I quickly jump over the bed and look over the edge.

He didn't fall off... does that mean...!

I rush to get on some undergarments on, then run looking for Syn. I find him in his office with Vellin, Yakamoto, and Ferren. The four of them stare at me when I, literally, bust down the door.

Syn pinches the bridge of his nose and closes he's eyes. He's furious. "Do you know how expe-"

"SHADOW'S AWAKE!!!" I don't let him finish. His fury disappears immediately as he stands up.