My First Love (Ken x Hongbin)

I inhale the fresh wind whipped on my face once I exited my house. Raising my hands up as I inhale and bring it down when I exhale. It's 6:25am and it's too early for people to be this relaxed. Naturally, some people are still asleep by this time or some are grumpy because of waking up early to go to their classes.

To be honest, I am part of the grumpy ones. I don't like waking up this early in the morning as my bed is the best comfort for me. Just lying down, duvet covers your whole body while hugging your other pillow. The best feeling. Nothing can replace the comfort of our beds. But for some reason, I tried pretending to get up early and leave the house just to see this person.

The person who considered to be the most attractive person in our campus, the MVP in basketball, and became the rookie of the year when he entered this university. Not everyone, but most of the girls who study here admire this man. Not only because of his good looks, but also because of his brain. His name never leave the list of dean's lister, it's either he ranks first or second. He's kind of a gentleman as well and a responsible person, but he's very sassy.

He's a very straighforward person. He is not afraid to speak his mind, and when he does either it will make your life better or most of the time, it will hurt you. Even of his looks can be compared into a flower, his attitude is like its thorns.

"Maybe we can post in social media so the awareness can be spread wider." A girl said as we were throwing suggestions for the campaign our professor asked to do. Since the group choosing is in draw lots, I was chose to be part of his group. When he heard what she said, he shook his head and continued typing on his laptop. "Why not? Social media is very powerful these days. People can share it to make the goal bigger." She protested. Hongbin released a deep sigh and looks at her. "Do you know who are our target markets for this campaign?" He asked. "Farmers. People live near the mountains." "Exactly." Hongbin said. "So why are you suggesting some idiot ideas?" He continued. We all felt silent to his remark. "W-what?" the girl responds with a little pain emotion on her face.

"Are you not using your brain? We cannot use social media because they don't have any signal there. They don't use any technologies aside from radio. They don't have phones or television. We can't even use any billboards or posters as they live far from the city so it is useless. You better use your brain before it expires." Hongbin spoke and went back to typing. Suddenly, the girl laughed that made us look at her. Why is she laughing? Hongbin embarrased her. "You're so funny Hongbin. You really love giving funny insults to people." The girl continued laughing. We look back and forth to her and Hongbin. He looked at her wierdly and snorted. "I'm not trying to be funny. Besides, I am not insulting you. I am describing you."

I immediately pressed the button on the bus to stop as it slightly passed my school. I went down and fixed my clothes one last time before entering the gate since Mr. Park does not like seeing crumpled uniforms or messy neckties.

"Good morning Mr. Park!" I cheerfully say as I walk before passing by to him. "Attach your ID properly." He fimly said and I immediately did what he said. "Why so grumpy Mr. Park? It's too early for that." A deep voice student said behind me. Mr. Park glared at him as he find something to nag at this guy. "My uniform is neatly ironed sir." He smiled. I walk away from the scene as they exchange statements. "Throw your lollipop, Wonshik!" I heard him yelled.

I walk around the school grounds as I observe the decorations hanging around the atrium. Two years had passed ever since I liked this Lee Hongbin, and now we are graduating. I admit that I used to hate him because of how he talk, but it is also one of the reasons why I liked him, love him rather. He became the president of the student council and everytime there is a male pageants, he always win with his answers. I just admire him so much.

I decided to climb up the stairs and go straight to my class when I saw Hongbin standing by the window, staring blankly ahead. Maybe confessing won't hurt that much, right? Besides, I might not be able to say this someday. I realeased a deep sigh. I took my phone out and stared at my reflection one last time, fixing my hair and stuff. Then I slowly and calmly walk to him. When I reached by his side, I softly tapped his shoulder and hoped for the best.

He is startled by the sudden gesture and looked at me. "Yes?" He smiled. My breath hitched when he showed his dimples and I cannot help but to smile. "Uh, well, I... just... w-want to-" I stopped myself when he looked at me weirdly. I just embarrassed myself infront of him. Ground! Please eat me up!!

"Are you okay?" He asked. I just nod at him and continued what I was saying. "Sorry about that. I just want to say that I like...you. I know it's too sudden but I just thought that I may not be able to say this someday as we are both graduating." I smiled. He looked behind me before turning his gaze back at me, and smiled. "You don't expect me to return your feelings, right?" I froze. Am I hoping that he would also like me back? Am I hoping to be his lover after this confession?

"Because if yes, sorry but I cannot return your feelings. I can't like you back."

"W-why?"

"Because I think it's much polite to turn someone down right away if you don't like the person. You won't be hurt so much if it's early compared to after you gave all at me such as your love, time, affection, and effort if I will just reject you soon." I looked down at my feet and bites my lower lip. Well, you might be wrong or not but it hurts so much now.

"And actually, I like someone else." I raised my head right away. "May I know who that person is?" He smiled at looked at our surroundings again.

"Han Sanghyuk."