Happy Birthday (Hyuk x Hongbin)

"Hyogi! Hurry up we're getting late." N hyung shouts from the living room. "Coming!" I shouted back.

It is my birthday today and Jellyfish made a party for me, of course Starlights are invited there. We are heading to the venue for me to get ready and at least rehears a little bit. When we arrived, we immediately head to the dressing room to do my hair and a light make-up. 2 hours passed and they gave me the clothes that I will wear for the show. I stared at it silently and smile.

"Hyukkie, why?"

"Hongbinnieee! The entertainment will let me hold a party on my birthday and Starlights are invited. I'm excited!!!" I exclaimed through the phone. I just can't wait to tell my boyfriend about this upcoming event.

"That's great. I know it will turn out good."

"You're also going there, okay?"

"Of course. I'll be there."

The time has come. Leo hyung and Ken hyung can't make it tonight due to their musical show schedules, instead they just sent me gifts. I can hear Ravi hyung and N hyung starting the event already and I just can't wait to go up on stage. While waiting for them to call me, I looked down the hallway to see if Hongbin arrived. I took out my phone to check if he message me or something, but nothing. I looked to the hallway one last time.

--------------------------------------
Ravi hyung and N hyung are doing a great job on hosting my event and it makes me happy even seeing the fans out here. They brought out the cake and started singing "Happy birthday to you," but there is something missing. The time is ticking and Hongbin is not yet coming. Everyone is laughing and having fun while I keep on looking around, waiting for Hongbin's arrival.

"Okay before we wrap up this event," wrap up? How about Hongbin? I thought and look at Ravi hyung. "We would like to show some videos to our birthday celebrant." Then a video played behind me, people close to me greet me including my family and friends. I know I should be happy right now but my mind wonders where Hongbin is right now.

And the event ended just like that.

Once the lights turn off, I hurriedly run to the backstage, heading to the restroom. "Hyogi!" I can hear them call me but I just run while wiping the tears streaming down my face. I entered the restroom and hold to the sides of the sink to prevent myself from falling. I heard the door opens "Hyogi," N hyung calls me out again. "What's wrong?" He grabs my arms and forcefully wrapped my arms around him. I hugged him tightly while soaking his shirt with my tears "He said he'd be here" I managed to say while sniffing. N hyungs holds my back while stroking my head. "He's the one who means the most to me yet he didn't show up." I kept on crying, N hyung comforts me silently.

--------------------------------------
We arrived at the dorm few minutes later. I headed to my room and threw myself on the soft mattress while staring blankly on the ceiling, then I heard my phone buzzes. I grab the phone in my pocket and saw a message from Hongbin.

"I'm sorry I didn't make it."

You should have been there, and I would have been so happy.