Lost Stars pt. 2

I sat comfortably beside the window of the room of the same coffee shop we spend the night before that I reserved for the both of us. He asked me to meet him there as he will say something to me, according to him. The conversation I had with Jaehwan that night did not stop me to like Hakyeon. In fact, the more we see each other, the more I fall deeper.

"Kim Ravi-ssi?" I look up to the person who called my name to see the person I am waitig for. I stood up and smiled at him "Hey! Why so formal?" I laughed and motion him to sit down. "I missed you so much" I said as I grab his right hand and gave it a loving squeeze. I stare at him who is just looking on the table with an emotionless face. I reach for the left side of his face and rubs my right thumb on his cheek. From this, he shifts his gaze on me. "Is there something wrong?" I asked and remove my hand on his face. "You're zoning out for a long time."

He removed his hand from me that I am still holding and sways his head on the side, looking at the window. "You didn't tell me" he said in a quiet yet stern voice that I still managed to here. "Tell you what?" I asked curiously. "That you're getting married?" My eyes widen and I slowly removed my hands from him. "I'm sorry" "Sorry? That's all you're going to say? I can't believe you flirted me all this time!" Hakyeon face-palmed himself. He looks at me with sadness evident in his eyes. I feel guilty. I look down and placed my palms on my lap. "When are you planning to tell me? When you got married already? My god Kim Wonshik! Sorry but I will not tolerate this. I don't want to have any connections with you again. Goodluck on your marriage." Hakyeon stood up and slam the door behind him. You're so stupid Wonshik. You just lost your dream. The kind of person you have wished for so long.

I drove back to my apartment, not surprise to see Jaehwan's car parked in the building as well. But I knew what's going to happen now. I got my keys in my pocket and inserted the right key on the key hole. When the door clicked, I slowly opens the door and entered quietly. I saw him sitting on my couch with his arms crossed on his chest, and a serious emotion showed on his face. "Hey.." I called and walk towards him. I sat beside him and I can see him holding tightly his phone. "Where did you go?" He said in a low tone that made me scared. "I was in the studio.... working on something" He looked at me and showed me a picture in his phone. "How about this place? Is this also your studio? Because you always tell me you're in the studio." "W-what's this?" I get his phone and looks carefully on the stolen picture of me and Hakyeon in a restaurant. "Oh if you're too blind to see, it's a picture of you and this who-the-fuck-is-he, sitting opposite from each other and eating happily. Do you think I wouldn't know?" I kneel on the floor and hold his hand "Jaehwan-ah, I'm so sorry. I really am. Please forgive me. He did not know anything until today. I'm sorry, please." He snorted and jerked nack his hand. "I can't believe you Wonshik. Why did you do this to me? In what aspect am I lacking for you to hurt me this much?!" He burst into tears and I felt crying as well. I don't want to lose him, but I still love Hakyeon. "No, Jaehwannie. I'm sorry. Please give me another chance." I hold his hands again tightly. "The wedding will still happen." He said and stood up, walking away from my apartment.

One year later

"Good morning, love" I pull my husband closer to my body and hugs him tightly. "Did you sleep well, Shikkie?" Jaehwan asked while removing the strands of hair from my face. I nod and smiled at him. "I'll have to leave early today. I have a fan meeting in Changwon" "Then why are you still not getting up? Your manager's going to get mad at you again if you get late." I placed my head above his head and closes my eyes. "Let him be. How can I resist my husband? I want to cuddle with you more" he laughs softly and hugs me back. "We can do that again later once you get back, but you need to prepare now. I'll make breakfast." He removed my hands from me and sat up. "Are you not going with me?" I crawl towards him and hug his exposed arm. "Sorry, I have rehearsal today. Next time I will go with you." He cares my face and smiles. "Get up now, okay?" I nod and he left the room.

☆☆☆

I look out the window of the van on the way to the said location. Changwon. Is he there? I wonder how he's doing. I shook my head and put the thought of him in the back of my mind. After a few hours, we arrived in the location and the event started. Everything is well, the fans are still hyped up and interacting with them comforts my mind from all the stress I encounter. The fanmeet ended and I too is ready to go back to Seoul. "Ravi-ah, let's go?" My manager asked. "Can we meet at the hotel? I will just go somewhere. He just nod and head out first.

I went to the address Hakyeon gave to me. The address of his house here. I stood outside of an old-painted white house with plants surrounds it. I knocked to the door and not long after, I was welcomed by the same tan male I admired. The star that I spotted who only lighten me up. But something's missing. I feel like he's not the same person I fell in love with year ago. He's no longer as gorgeous as he was before. I don't feel the warmth that I was longing anymore. He's now aloof and cold. "Hi Wonshik" he gave a small smile. "I heard that you had a fanmeet here. Did not expect you to come here. Nice seeing you again." He grab my left hand and shook it. I should be feeling something. The romance. The lust. The warmth. How come I don't feel anything. Was I only imagining things? Was I really in love with him before? Maybe I need to accept this cruel reality that all the love, all the admiration we shared are no longer alive anymore.