Cold as You (N x Leo)

I walked upstairs and twist the doorknob of my bedroom door. The whole room is almost dark except at the bedside table with a lamp providing a little light. I lift the blanket and slide my body on the bed, pulling the blanket up to my chest. I looked at the wall clock that showed 11:54, he is late again. Where could he possibly be right now? I closed my eyes trying to calm myself from stressing out about him, when I heard the entrance door being opened and closed. I rolled to my side, facing the window. He's finally here. Exactly 12 midnight he always arrive.

I waited for a few minutes for the bedroom door to open but it didn't. I thought he's here? Why isn't he going up yet? Every midnights he come home, he immediately heading to the room but now he did not. I decided to go down to meet him. I quietly opened the door and heard him talking. Did he bring someone else now? How inconsiderate and insensitive he is if my assumption is true. I slowly walked down the stairs following where the voice come from - kitchen.

"Yes. Of course, I would like to. I am available tomorrow don't worry. See ya." He said while talking to someone on the phone. His back facing me. He was still on his phone and just standing with a glass of water on the right hand. Who is that person that he will meet tomorrow when he does not even giving me time anymore. Available? Then how come he is never available when I reach out to him. I am so done. "Taekwoon?" I finally spoke. He jumped a little and looked at me as he was not expecting me to be awake at this hour. "Why are you still up?" He asked without any emotions on his words and finished the glass of water. "Who was that?"

"Who was who?" He looked at me. "Do not answer me with a question. You exactly know who I am referring to." I tried to sound rude at him. I want him to think that I am mad right now. I cannot take our situation anymore. I haven't felt anything aside from loneliness. I need to feel something. "What's your problem? Stop acting like you care." He walked passed by me and lay his body on the couch. "What the hell are you saying?" I followed and walks towards him. "Stop acting like I care? Why? Who do you think am I? Have you forgotten my role in your life?" He did not respond and showing that he obviously does not even care on what I am ranting. I let out a sigh and pulled firmly his arm to sit him up. "What do you want?! Can't you see that I am resting? I am tired. Leave me alone!" He shouted as he forcefully pull his arm from my grip. And he succeeded. He is always stronger than me. "Why? Was it my fault that you always come home late that is why you are tired?!" I looked down on him and I could feel the angriness swallowing my whole soul. "I am actually impressed that you still know where you live. Where did you go?" I asked.

"You don't have to know." He said coldly.

"I am your boyfriend. I need to know."

"I said you do not have to. Don't I have any privacy now?" He stood up and looked at me.

"Privacy? When did we become secretive to each other? You never tell me where you go and who you are with that made you come home late night!" I shouted at him. I can't take this any longer. I have been holding this pain for long now. I want to know. I need to know. He sighed before he open his mouth to respond. "I.... I'm at work" he said with his normal soft voice. I missed it. I miss his soft voice. I miss him. My hands are now trembling. My sight is getting a bit blurry, I looked at him waiting for my tears to roll down on my face. I stay quiet for a while and still looking at him with sad eyes.

"What happened?" I managed to say while crying. My heart is so painful right now. As if it is being squeezed by a hand. He looked at me, confused. "At work?" He asked.

"At us. What happened to us? You changed. A lot." I sniffed and wipes my tears away from my cheeks. "You never come home late. You never leave the house without even giving me a kiss on the cheek. You never glare at me. You never raise your voice at me even if you are so upset on me. And most importantly, you never give a cold treatment without letting me know the reason. What happened?" I said while still bursting into tears. He did not even dare to look at me. He does not move. He does not even patting or rubbing my back to comfort me from crying and the hurt I am feeling right now. He is literally not doing anything. "Fine. You already proved it to me that you do not give a damn thing anymore. Just walk away. Do whatever you want because I am not even what you wanted. We're through Jung Taekwoon." He just passed through me without even saying a word. He was looking down. I heard the door open. I managed not to look at him. It hurts. I am so hurt right now. I finally heard the door closed after a few seconds. I collapsed on the floor and started crying so hard for him. He left. The only person I need right now has left. And I have nothing to do about it anymore.