Stony

Requested by 

Steve's POV

I saw Tony walk out of his lab, dark circles round his eyes. He walked past me and my heart yearned for him. Almost as soon as he had entered the kitchen, I heard plates smashing on the ground and I ran in after him. I saw him on the floor, his knees pulled up to his chin, tears streaming down his face as he looked up to me. The plates on the floor were indeed past repair. I knelt down in front of Tony, only after clearing a space on the floor. "Look at me, Tony." He didn't look at me, so I slipped my finger under his chin and coaxed his head up so he was looking into my eyes. "Tony, what happened?" It was then that I realised that tears were streaming down his face. "Oh Tony... come here... let's get you cleaned up." 

No one's POV

Steve helped Tony up and led him out of the kitchen down to the medical bay. (The rest of the Avengers were out at S.H.I.E.L.D. having a meeting with Nick Fury and Phil Coulson, but Steve was not needed and Tony had refused to come, saying he had to work on one of his suits.) Once in the medical bay, Steve placed Tony carefully on a seat and set about cleaning up the cuts on his feet. Ten minutes later, Steve was finished and he picked up Tony again taking him up to the lounge. He told Jarvis to turn on the TV and not let Tony leave the room until he came back. Steve left the lounge and went back into the kitchen to clean up the smashed plates. When he came back into the lounge, he saw Tony curled up into a ball, sobbing. He ran over to him knelt down in front of Tony. He peeled Tony's hands away from his face. Tony's eyes were red from crying  so much.

"Tony... what's wrong?" When Tony looked into Steve's eyes he knew there was no point in lying.

"It's all too much. I can't handle it." It was hard for Steve to understand what Tony was saying as he was crying so much.

"What is, Tones? What's too much?"

"Everything." Steve raised his eyebrows, signalling for Tony to continue. "This." Again, Steve raised his eyebrows, not fully comprehending what Tony was saying. "Us. You. Me. I can't do it anymore."

"Do what?" Steve asked hesitantly.

"Be around you. It's killing me that I know you will never return my feelings. I love you, Steve. I have loved you my whole life, and when we found you in the ice I thought my heart would explode. I know you will never feel the same way about me but I had to tell you. I understand if you never want to see me again. I'll leave the tower if it makes things easier." Tony got up to leave but Steve pulled him into a rough kiss. When Tony realised what was happening, he wrapped his arms around Steve's neck. Steve was the first to pull away.

"I love you too, Tony." Steve stroked Tony's cheek. "Come on, let's watch a movie." They sat down to watch Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (A/N: it is a great movie - you guys should watch it; it's really funny). They spent the next few hours cuddling and sharing loving kisses, catching up on missed time. They didn't even notice Natasha by the door to the lounge, snapping a few photos of the new couple.

Please send requests to my inbox

#YOU ARE WORTH IT

Remember:

I LOVE YOU

THANK YOU

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL

YOU ARE WORTH IT

YOU ARE UNIQUE

FIND GOOD IN EVERYTHING

HAVE FUN

LOVE PEOPLE

MAKE A DIFFERENCE

BE THANKFUL

and most importantly

BE YOURSELF