Tom Tantrum

Jay's POV

 Shirlene was waiting for me at the corner near the bathrooms. She had taken off her lab coat and had pulled her hair up. She still looked completely and utterly beautiful. I smiled at her and rested my hand on the wall above her head.

"Hello, gorgeous."

She giggled and looked both ways and held out her hand.

"Got the stuff?"

I chuckled and handed her the IV in my pocket. She grinned and slit it open downing it more slowly then her sister.

"Ok, lets dance, Bird."

"Ummm is that your way of asking me out?" I teased. She rolled her eyes.

"It was a demand McGenius. Now do it."

I let her lead me out to the floor realizing with a pain in my chest that she was leaving tomorrow afternoon. I wrapped my arms around her waist as she put her arms around my neck. A slower song came on and we began to sway, our hearts beating as one.

"This ain't the heartbreak hotel even though i know it well those no shows they sure tell in the way you hold yourself dont you fret should you get another cancelation give me a chance i'll make a permanent reservation"

I smiled down at her and slowly moved her hair out of her eyes. I cleared my throat. Time to turn on the charm. i began to sing with the music, my eyes directly on hers.

"When I-I-I talk to You-u-u on the Pho-o-one then listen close."

Shirlene rolled her eyes and tapped my nose stopping our dance in midstep.

"You're not smooth Casanova."

I laughed and dragged back over to the corner. "Very funny. So do you really have to leave tomorrow?"

"Yeah, Mom needs me and I'm still applying to colleges."

"Ooh, college girl sexy." I teased and she rolled her eyes swatting my arm.

"Shut it. If all goes well I might be back up here in the summer though." she smiled and I felt my heart stop. Now or never, McGuiness, now or never.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

"No, do you have a girlfriend?"

"Of course not!"

"Good."

"Good." I snapped back and cursed under my breath. Smooth move Cassanova.

"Wanna be my boyfriend, Jay?" Shirlene asked quietly almost too quietly but I caught it. I leaned forward pinning her to the pillar behind her. my mouth almost touching hers.

"Yes. Yes, I do."

I brushed my lips lightly against hers and watched her eyes flutter close. Suddenly, the bathroom door  flew open and Olivia stormed out.

She was crying.

Tom followed after her quickly calling to his girlfriend in panic. She didn't even look back. What did he do to the poor girl?

I turned back to Shirlene who looked concerned. "Think they're alright? Do you know what happened?"

I shook my head. "No, I..."

Tom stormed back in, slamming his foot into the trashcan knocking it over with a tremorous noise. Curse after curse ran out his mouth as he paced back in forth oblivious to his audience. Suddenly, he slammed his fist into the wall before entering the bathroom once more.

"Damn." I muttered.

"tom tantrum?" Shirlene asked nervously.

I nodded. "Something happened to piss him off and Olivia but I don't know what."

"I do." she said.

"What then?"

She didn't answer just pointed at the bathroom door as it opened again and a sexy blond walked out with tears in her eyes. I frowned. Is that who I think it was?

"this is trouble." shirlene muttered and I nodded turning back to the girl who can read my thoughts.

"You just read my mind."