Tell Me a Lie

Olivia's POV

Sara and Nathan has been gone since seven this morning and has not come home yet. and its six o clock night. i was waiting on Tom since he had this crazy idea that night started when the sun goes down. He wanted to take me to dinner... on a date.

So here i was dressed and waiting for the guy who couldnt decide on what to wear. Finally he came down wearing holey jeans and a black t shirt.

"Ok, Im ready." he said exasperated.

I looked him over trying not to smile teasingly. "You look... absolutely the same as every day." iinformed him. he groaned.

"what? this is a brand new shirt..."

suddenly he grinned catching on. i smirked. "You're right because every day i look so fucking good." he winked. i rolled my eyes and threw him his car keys.

"lets get this over with." i muttered and he swung his arm around me.

"ooh sore loser... you look pretty by the way. Very you."'

i blushed and looked down. i was wearing a brown dress that changed to tye dye at the bottom. it was off the shoulders with several bead necklaces attached to it and a chunky blue belt. i  wore blue and orange flats to complete the ensemble. i did look rather pretty and hippie.

we climbed into his jaguar and took off. it wasgoing to be a long drive and i was getting restless. i couldnt help but watch him drive. Rock n Roll Star by Oasis was blaring out the speakers on repeat and he was tapping his knuckles against the steering wheel, humming to the familiar tune.

"Your not down with who I am. Look at you now, you're all in my hands tonight. tonight im a rock and roll star."

"sing Olivia. i know you love Oasis." Tom interjects and i laugh tapping my fingers against his free hand before capturing it.

"Tonight Im a rock and roll star. yeah tonight im a rock and roll star. Its just rock and roll."

I laughed as we belted out the song until the end.

"Its Just Rock and Roll."

Then Tom laughed maniachally as it started up all over again.

Turning sharply he pulled over to what appeared to be a small restaurant closed for the night. i frowned at Tom.

"We drove two hours out here for this?"

it was dark and looked like a small cottage. it would be pretty in the sun but at night it just looked abandoned. tom smirked.

"Yeah. Its one of my favorite and the paparazzi never follow me out here... its peaceful and i can think and write so dont knock it. come on lets go inside."

I blushed as I realized Tom was sharing a special place with me. if it wasnt for this stupid bet i would think he was falling for me... i squeezed his hand and let him lead me to the entrance of the cottage.

Suddenly i stopped and started to laugh tipping over and clutching my stomach. Tom scratched his head a strange look on his face i couldnt decipher. He walked back over towards me and frowned at what i was looking at.

"What? Whats so funny?" he puzzled and i pointed at the name of the place.

Kareoke Place. I should have known.

"you are such a sucker." i sucked in trying to stop my newfound giggles to escape my lips. Tom rolled his eyes.

"Im guessing you saw the video. I like kareoke so what?"

I shook my head wrapping my arms around his neck trying to control my giggling. "Nothing, TomTom, absolutely nothing is wrong with a professional singer a twenty four year old man liking kareoke."

He rolled his eyes and squeezed my sides and breathed out a captured laugh. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. just come inside already."

It was cute and cozy inside. the stage was set, the all you can eat was half full, and there were only three tables filled. oh and there was a fat middle aged couple singing Barbie Girl by Aqua on the stage.

There was no way I could control my laughter this time.

"ok Giggles. you had your fun now sit. i'll get us some grub and sign us up for the stage." Tom smirked helping me into an empty seat. that froze my laughter and brought a look of horror onto my face.

"Oh, I dont think so." i mumbled.

Tom's signature laugh met my ears. "Oh but I do. I won the bet so your mine for the whole night... love."

Thats when it hit me. The posters on the walls, the couple on the stage, the crazy amount of desserts at the buffet, and all the pink and red hearts... its couples night.

"You set me up." i observed with mock horror. Tom shrugged. "Well, about time you caught on. I'll bring you some cake."

Stupid, stupid Tom.

As we stood on the stage waiting for our song I couldnt help but over hear what the four couples watching us was saying.

'they look so cute together."

"Look at the love in his eyes, he's so perfect."

"They match each other so well."

"I dont think he told her it was Couple's Kareoke Night."

I almost laughed at that one and reached for Tom's hand. If he wants to give these people a show then i will give them a show. Silently I slipped my grandmother's ring onto my wedding finger. Tom didnt even seem to notice. I cleared my throat with a smirk.

"Guys before we sing I'd just like to tell you some wonderful news. As the couple from table A was singing Barbie Girl, my boyfriend... proposed." i squealed and watched Tom's eyes grow large.

Tom Tantrum is on its way.

The group hooted and hollared and whistled as i threw myself at Tom placing a sloppy kiss on his lips. "Ok we can sing now." I shouted and the song came on. I laughed out loud as i heard what song it was. Tell Me a Lie by One Direction.

"Can't ever get it right No matter how hard I try And I've tried" I sang and swung my hip lightly into Tom's. He rolled his eyes still fuming and sang his part.

"Well, I put up a good fight But your words cut like knives And I'm tired As you break my heart again this time"

I joined in laughing like the love sick fiancee i was pretending to be.

"Tell me I'm a screwed up mess That I never listen, listen Tell me you don't want my kiss That you need your distance, distance"

"Tell me anything but don't you say he’s what you're missing, baby" I belted out solo and Tom stole the next line with a wink.

"If he's the reason that you’re leaving me tonight Spare me what you think and tell me a lie"

we finished and bowed for our audience clutching hands. I smiled as I heard some of their comments.

"They sing so well together."

"Damn, he's got a set of lungs."

"Sounded better then the band... what they call themselves One Dictation?"

"She looks so good in that dress. Such a lovely couple."

"He sounded like a professional."

"what the hell were they singing?"

I love old people. We climbed off the stage and was handed a tiny trophie from a little lady with curly white hair and a microphone. "Ladies and gents we have a winner! Meet the new King and Queen of Couple's Night."