Caking it Up

Lucas' POV

I'm woken up by the sound of something falling onto the floor in the kitchen. Normally, this would be cause for concern because it's the middle of the night but ever since Riley entered her second trimester she was always up late at night cooking or more than likely, baking. 

I pull back the blankets and pad slowly into the kitchen where I do indeed find my pregnant wife with an opened box of cake mix beside a large bowl on the counter. I lean against the wall and cross my arms over my chest, raising an eyebrow at her. "Love, don't you think it's far too late at night to be backing?" I ask into the darkness and her head whips up at the sound of my voice. 

"Did I wake you?" she asks instead of answering my own question. I chuckle, walking further into the room and leaning against the counter across from her. 

"You're far too klutzy to be cooking in the middle of the night" I tease and a soft blush rises on her cheeks, an effect I've had on her since we were in middle school. "Why don't you come back to bed and we'll have cake tomorrow."

"Because, I want cake now" she argues, whisking away despite my protest. "You can go back to bed, I promise I'll try to be quiet."

I shake my head, moving to her side of the counter and wrapping my arms around her waist. "I don't want to go back to bed without you. I find it far too hard to sleep" I complain, kissing her shoulder. She stops whisking and leans into me and a smirk pulls at my lips as I trail my lips upwards onto her neck. If there was one thing my wife had craved more than sweets during her pregnancy it was me and I didn't exactly mind having to seduce my wife back into bed. 

"You'll live" she argues weakly despite the fact that she's completely abandoned her task. 

"Doubt it" I murmur, tilting her chin to bring her lips to mine. She kisses me softly, craning her neck back while I deepen the kiss until finally she seemingly grows far too uncomfortable in this position and she turns in my embrace, wrapping her arms around my neck. 

"Promise you'll make me cake tomorrow?" she asks, pulling away breathlessly and I chuckle, nodding my head. I'd make the woman a billion cakes if she came back to bed with me right now. 

"Mhm" I hum, crashing my lips back onto hers and she moans, kissing me harder while her hands tug at my pajama pants but I grab her hand to stop. "Bedroom" I argue but she shakes her head, breaking free of my grip on her hands. 

"Now" she protests, getting my pants down far enough for what she wants. I want to argue further otherwise I'm afraid I'll never get her into our room but I can't seem to form the words. Instead, I hike up her nightgown and lift her onto the counter, pushing down my boxers while she shimmies out of her panties and soon enough we're connected. She gasps, clawing at my back while I rock into her over and over again until finally we both hit our highs one after the other and we both stop in our breathless, blissed out state.

"I'm tired now" she giggles and I laugh, resting my head in the crook of her neck as I hold her against me. 

"Much better than baking, right?"

"Mhm" she hums, raking her fingers through my hair. "But I don't think I can walk back to our room now" she adds and I chuckle, helping her down onto the ground before bringing her lips back to mine for a passionate kiss. "I love you" she says drowsily as we pull apart and I smile down at her, stroking her cheek adoringly. 

"I love you too" I breathe out before dropping my hand to intertwine with hers. 

Slowly, we walk back to our room and we climb into our respective sides before snuggling up together somewhere in the middle and I let out a sigh of contentment as I wrap my arms around her. "Goodnight jellybean."

"Goodnight bear" she replies sweetly before we both drift back off to sleep