When In Disney

Riley's POV

"There has to be a mistake" my dad exclaims as I walk into class on Monday morning with my best friends in tow.

"Woah Matthews is freaking out" Maya laughs as we take our seats.

"Riles what's going on?" Lucas asks confused causing me to shrug in response as I look over at my dad who's having a heated discussion with Harper.

"Okay class" my dad says, catching our attention. "Do you all remember the essay contest you all participated in?"

"The one from my class" Harper interjects.

"The one where the winners could win a spot on the trip to Disney World?" Farkle asks as Harper nods.

"The exact one" she smiles. "We have the winners and they will be joining me on a fun and exciting trip to Disney World along with the winners from all my other classes. There will be six students joining us."

"Who from this class?" I ask excitedly as my dad sighs, plopping down into his seat.

"You actually" Harper smiles making my face spilt into a grin.

"Wait really?" I exclaim as she smiles and nods.

"Really" she assures me, "and the other one is Lucas" she adds.

"This'll be interesting" Maya smirks as I sit back in my chair and feel my heart beating through my chest. Interesting indeed.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"There has to be some sort of mix-up" Harper argues with the woman at the front desk of the hotel. "I ordered three rooms with double beds."

"Sounds like there's some sort of issue with our reservation" Lucas points out as he stands beside me.

"Sounds like it" I agree as I lean against the wall.

"Okay class" Harper announces, "it seems there was a bit of a mix-up with our reservations and unfortunately every room only has one bed. I was supposed to have each group from the three classes each have their own room but now" she trails off.

"But now?" I question.

"I don't know" she sighs as Lucas laughs beside me.

"We're the only boy girl pair" he whispers in my ear helping me make sense of the situation. The problem wasn't really a problem at all if Lucas was a girl since the two other classes had pairs of boys and girls.

"Harper it's not a big deal. Lucas sleeps over all the time" I lie as she looks at me worriedly at the same time I look to the side and find Missy fuming. She wasn't getting anywhere near Lucas.

"I don't think" she trails off but I shake my head.

"Harper I promise" I assure her as I grab Lucas' hand. "We'll be fine" I add as I grab the key from her hand and head upstairs.

"Why did you lie?" Lucas asks as he falls into step beside me causing me to shrug.

"Seriously" I ask as I make it to our room, pushing the door open. "Did you forget when Missy tried to take you from our friend group" I add as I throw my bag onto the bed.

"Riley there is no way that Missy could ever take me away from you" he replies making my heart flutter. "I mean, the group as a whole. Not, you know, just you" he stutters making a blush rise on my cheeks.

Suddenly there's a knock on the door making me moan in annoyance as I head over to the door and throw it open. "Hi Riley" Missy says snottily. "Is Lucas here?"

"No" I lie as she laughs and pushes her way into the room.

"There's a party tonight" she announces making me roll my eyes. "You should come."

"Um" Lucas stutters as I sit on the edge of the bed.

"Come on" Missy says as she takes his hand and leads him out of the room with me alone on the bed.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I'm lying in bed when Lucas stumbles into our room. I pretend to be asleep but he flips the light switch and floods the room in light. "Really?" I groan in annoyance as I cover my eyes.

"Did you really think I thought you were asleep?" he asks with a laugh as he sits on the edge of the bed. "I'm going to take a shower and then I'm going to bed. I'll take the couch" he adds as he motions to the couch off to the side.

"You don't have to sleep on the couch" I argue as I sit up.

"Riles you know I do" he replies as he grabs his clothes and heads off towards the bathroom. "I'll see you in a bit" he adds as he disappears out the door. I sit on the bed running my fingers through my hair when his phone dings. I look at the bathroom door and back at his phone before jumping off the bed and rushing over to the dresser to grab it.

MISSY: Had fun tonight. Thought maybe you'd like a picture 💋

I download the picture and drop the phone as my eyes fill with tears. It was a picture of them kissing.

"Riley" Lucas says from behind me, startling me.

"You can have the couch" I whisper as I head back over to the bed while he grabs his phone off the ground and looks from the picture to me.

"Riles I would never do that" he says softly as he walks over to the bed, taking a seat beside me.

"Um the picture argues otherwise."

"She kissed me, I pushed her off. I don't like Missy."

"Why? Everyone else at our school does."

"Because she's not you" he says seriously as he takes my hand. "I've only ever liked you. Ever since you fell into my lap on the subway it's been you Riles."

"Why?"

"Because you're smart, silly, beautiful, you're Riley."

"I didn't want you to go out tonight" I confess making him smile as he caresses my cheek.

"Is that why you're in bed at nine o'clock?" he asks playfully.

"I figured sleep would be a good distraction" I shrug making him smile.

"I can think of better ones" he smirks as he leans in and presses his lips to mine in a soft peck that lasts only a few seconds before he pulls away. "I should get some sleep."

"Stay with me" I plead as I run my thumb across his cheek.

"Your dad is gonna be pretty upset if he finds out we shared a bed."

"Who said he'll know" I smile as I scurry up to my place on the bed. "Come on. Lay down" I insist as I pat the spot beside me.

"Okay" he gives with a smile as we lie down and he wraps his arms around me. "Can we at least watch a movie or something cause like I said it is only nine o'clock."

"Fine but it has to be a princess movie."

"When in Disney" he smiles as he grabs the remote and ques up Netflix. "How about Cinderella?"

"No. Mulan" I argue making him laugh as he starts the movie.

"Of course. How could I not guess you'd want to watch the warrior princess movie."

"She's amazing" I smile.

"So are you" he replies sweetly as he kisses my forehead. "My warrior princess."