On the Naughty List

A/N: Merry Christmas 🎄⛄

Riley's POV

"Are you kidding me?" Lucas yells causing me to pause before I pick Lily up.

"Uh oh" I sigh, shaking my head as I bend down to pick up Lily. "Your daddy sounds upset about something."

I walk out of the nursery and find Ali leaning against her bedroom doorframe. "What's going on?" I ask curiously.

"Blake opened his Christmas presents last night" she explains making me groan.

Ever since I got pregnant with Lily, Blake had been acting out. He wasn't amused that after not having a child for eleven years that there was suddenly a baby around the house again.

"Lovely" I sigh, decending the staircase. I look down and see my husband scolding our son.

"Why couldn't you just wait?" he yells. "You've ruined Christmas. Are you happy now?"

"Lucas" I say carefully as I place my hand on our son's shoulder. "Baby relax."

"Relax?" he exclaims. "He has no respect for our authority and I'm sick of it. He's a child and he needs to respect us."

"Can I just be grounded and go?" Blake asks unamused. I sigh, shaking my head.

"You aren't grounded" I insist making Lucas' eyes widen in shock.

"Riles you cannot be serious" he argues.

"Blake I'll be up in a second" I say softly. He nods, walking back up the stairs and I sigh as I walk towards my husband.

"You know he's been having a hard time."

"I know he's been acting like a brat" he counters. "He cannot treat us with such disrespect. We're his parents."

"I know" I nod. "I'm going to go talk to him. Make some breakfast and then we'll open gifts with the girls."

"Fine" he sighs, taking Lily from my arms. I turn around and head up the steps, knocking lightly on Blake's door.

"What?" he asks as I push it open.

"We need to talk."

"About? Let me guess, you need me to do something for Lily."

"No" I shake my head. "I want to talk to you. What's going on?"

"Why do you care? You spend every second of every day with the baby."

I nod in understanding. "I know it's hard but just because my time isn't split evenly doesn't mean I don't love you the same."

"Ever since Lily was born you and dad just don't care" he shakes his head. "You only care when I do something bad."

"That's not true" I argue. He eyes me skeptically and I sigh.

"Alright maybe it is" I give. "I'm sorry sweetie. I'm trying my best but it just hasn't been enough."

"No" he sighs, shaking his head. "I know you're trying. It's just frustrating I guess. I'm not used to having to share you with someone who needs you so much."

I chuckle. "I know it's hard but you acting out only makes it harder" I explain.

"And dad helps how?"

"He's not as calm as I am. He's never claimed to be" I add making him chuckle. "But you have to admit this was pretty bad kiddo."

He nods. "I know" he sighs. "I'm sorry. Can I still watch the girls open their presents?"

"I have a better idea" I smile, "you can open Lily's."

"Yea?"

"Mhm" I nod. "That sound okay?"

"Yea" he nods. "I really am sorry mom."

"I know you are" I smile. "I love you swertheart."

"I love you too mom."