Girl Meets Memories

A/N: I can't believe Girl Meets World ends today. This show has meant so much to me and I honestly can't imagine my life without it at this point. Writing fanfiction for this show has quickly become one of my favorite things to do and has become an escape when things get hard. It's hard to believe that only a little over two years ago these people came into my life and now today may be the last time we get a new episode. Of course the show will live on through my many rewatches and my writing (this is not the last one shot) but I wanted to write a one shot to dedicate to the show that changed my life and will always have a special place in my heart. I hope you all enjoy it and don't forget to tune in to say goodbye tonight.

Rucas Forever 💜

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

*Inspired By: This Time by Lea Michele as Rachel Berry*

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Riley's POV

"These halls I've walked a thousand times, heartbreaks and valentine's, friends of mine"

"Why are you in the hole?" Lucas asks playfully as he stands at the top of the stairs, his shoulder resting on the banister.

"Why aren't you in the hole?" I tease making him chuckle as he climbs the few stairs that separate us, his arms finding their way around my waist when he reaches me. "See this is how it was supposed to go on the first day of school" I add as he shakes his head.

"Riles if we wouldn't have gone through that whole mess we would've never had our moment at the ski lodge. We wouldn't be here today" he says seriously as I nod. He was right. All the little memories that this place held were all a part of our amazing story.

"Remember when we couldn't even say hi to each other?" I ask playfully as he laughs, pulling me closer.

"We'd be all hey, howdy" he continues on making me smile as play with the hair at the nape of his neck. "You know I really don't like it here" he adds as he looks around at the hole. "I feel like this is more of a you and Maya thing."

"Because she didn't leave me. She loves me more than you do" I tease making him laugh as he pulls away, grabbing my hand. We end up by my locker making a smile pull at my lips.

"Remember when I carried you to health class?" he asks making me laugh as I nod.

"Mhm" I smile, "what about the time when you told me how awesome Jexica was."

"I knew it was you" he replies as his hand intertwines with mine.

"I know" I say happily as I stare into his emerald green eyes, "I mean I had no clue at the time, but I do now" I add with a laugh. "We had a lot of interesting times in this hallway Bear."

"That we did Bean" he says as he pulls me into his arms, his lips brushing against mine softly.

"Riley. You're making your dad look bad" my dad says as he suddenly appears, making Lucas and I pull away. "The best teacher at the school can't let his daughter miss graduation."

"I would never" I smile as I take Lucas' hand in mine, heading off to the gym.

"This time no one's gonna say goodbye, I keep you in this heart of mine"

It doesn't seem possible that it's over. High school is over. We threw our caps and now we're all sobbing messes as we stand around with one another.

"Matthews" Zay yells making my dad appear.

"Yes Mr. Babinaeux" my father says politely as Maya clings to my side, her tears staining my gown.

"Why didn't you fail us? We don't want to leave. Go back and flunk all of us" he insists making my dad give him a small smile.

"I am so proud of all of you" he says simply before walking off, leaving us alone.

"I refuse to leave. I will stay here forever" Zay says seriously making us all chuckle.

"You can't stay here forever" Smackle says seriously. "It'll be okay. We'll be okay" she insists but tears spill down her face. "Right?" she asks suddenly as she looks around at all of us.

"How do we say goodbye to this? To each other?" Maya asks as she looks around us.

"We don't" Farkle says simply. "This isn't goodbye. We couldn't fall apart even if we tried. We don't function without each other."

"Farkle's right" Lucas says as he wraps his arm around my waist. "We aren't saying goodbye to each other because this isn't the last time we'll be together. We are going to be together for the rest of our lives."

"We're not just friends, we're family" I say simply and at that we all pile into a group hug, our tears creating puddles on the floor.

"I'll carry where we all began, this time that we had I will hold forever"

We ride the subway home. I'm standing beside Maya and suddenly visions of the first day of school flash across my mind. Seventh grade.

"Oh my gosh" I exclaim as I open my purse quickly, a thought crossing my mind.

"What?" Maya asks curiously as she looks at me intrigued.

"Kiwi" I smile as I apply it to my lips making Maya laugh lightly as she looks behind us. I turn to look at what she's looking at, but it's actually a who. She glances back at me, making a smile pull at my lips.

"Again?" I ask as she nods, grabbing my hand and letting me stumble back onto my boyfriend's lap. "Hi, I'm Riley" I smile brightly as I wrap my arms around his neck making him chuckle.

"I'm Lucas" he replies making my heart swell.

"I love it" I reply sweetly as I play with the hair at the nape of his neck.

"And I love you" he smiles as he leans forward, pressing his lips to mine as I feel a fresh batch of tears running down my face.

I'll always remember that day all those years ago when I first fell into his lap, it was the day my life changed forever. It was the day I met the world and I would never forget it.