Subway Semantics

Hello lovelies! I'm back...again and I'm here with a little update on what's been going on in my life and why updates have been so sporadic. A few weeks back I started my job and my life has been pretty much consumed by. I'm working a lot of hours and it's been tiring me out to the point of coming home and sleeping leaving little time for me to write. Also, last week was my annual family vacation which was some much needed rest and relaxation and I only got one chapter of a book done while I was up there. But now I'm home and off for a couple days so here I am with updates. I can't promise they'll be frequent or as often as usual but I'm trying my best to find a balance with everything in my life right now and it's been a little tricky. I really appreciate your patience and I hope you all continue to read and enjoy my books as writing them is still one of my favorite things to do in my free time. I love you all so much and I hope you enjoy these updates.  

***********************************************************************************************

Riley's POV

"Mommy" Taylor interjects while I'm busy cleaning the dishes from the kids' lunch. I look up at her and quirk an eyebrow at her. At six years old she was always catching my attention with random thoughts and I thought it was the cutest thing.

"Yes princess?" I ask curiously.

"How did you and daddy meet?" she asks making a smile tug at my lips as I think back to the day I met Lucas. I thought I was so grown up; riding the subway, wearing lip gloss and talking to a cute boy.

"Well" I smile, turning off the water and turning my full attention to my daughter. "I was in the subway with your Aunt Maya and I noticed him out of the corner of my eye."

"And then she fell into my lap" Lucas smiles, walking into the room with our son on his hip. "The rest is as they say, history" he adds as he comes to stand beside me, leaning down to peck my lips.

I melt into his embrace, contentedly looking around at my perfecy family when the front door opens and the familiar sound of my best friend's voice filters into the room. I knew she was coming since I asked her to watch the kids while Lucas and I went out for our anniversary but time had gotten away from me as it often does as a wife and mother of two.

"Riles" she shouts before walking into the room and stopping in her tracks. "Oh. Sorry. I didn't realize you were having family time."

I shake my head. "It's fine. Tay was just asking how Lucas and I met" I explain. She raises an eyebrow at me in intrique.

"I hope you didn't leave out the part where I totally dated him before you fell onto his lap."

Taylor looks up at Lucas angrily. "You cheated on mommy!"

Lucas laughs uncomfortably. "No sweetie. Your Aunt Maya is being silly. I never dated her."

"Um Ranger Rick we totally dated!"

"No we didn't" he argues. "You cannot seriously count that goofy conversation as a relationship. You only talked to me to show Riles how easy it was."

"You were scared to talk to daddy?" Taylor asks and I sigh, nodding my head.

"I was nervous" I admit. "Your dad was the first boy I ever liked."

"And you married him?" she asks, her voice raising in pitch as she thinjs over just how awesome this seemingly is.

"Yep" I smile, looking back up at my husband.

"You are both nauseating" Maya complains. "I thought the honeymoon stage was supposed to end at sone point."

I look up and Lucas and I know that's impossible. After we finally started dating in high school we were inseparable. Four years of high school, another four of college, a couple in graduate school, two years of marriage before the little ones and today we were going on nine years of marriage. Nine. And even crazier was that number doubled in time together.

"After ninteen years you'd think she'd be sick of me" Lucas teases but I shake my head.

"That's impossible" I insist. "You are the love of my life Lucas Friar."

"And you're mine Riley Friar" he agress, leaning down to peck my lips.

Maya groans. "Ugh can you both just go so I can babysit the kids."

We laugh as we pull apart and nod our heads. "Absolutely" I agree. "Have fun" I insist before Lucas grabs my hand and we head out the door.