Princess Riley

Lucas' POV

I'm walking down the hallway of Abigail Adams High when I see my beautiful girlfriend leaning up against her locker. 

"Hey Princess" I smile walking up to her before I place a soft, gentle kiss on her lips. 

"Hi" she replies happily. "I missed you."

"I missed you too. What do you want to do after school today Bean?" 

"I was thinking the mall. I need a dress for the semi-formal this weekend" Riley responds grinning from ear to ear. Since our night at the ski lodge we had made a deal to always go to dances together, without even asking each other. A few guys had tried to ask her but every time she graciously declined telling them she already had a date.

"Sounds perfect" I say happily before leaning in to place another kiss on my girlfriend's lips. As we break apart Riley's eyes go wide looking at a figure behind us. I turn around and come face to face with Charlie Gardner. 

"Charlie?" Riley asks confused. 

"We thought you transferred" I add completing my girlfriend's thought. 

"Yea, well I was doing an exchange program with one of the German students, and now I'm back. It's really nice to see you again Riley. I hope to see you at the dance on Saturday" he adds before walking away. I ball up my fists growing angry. 

"Lucas" Riley says grabbing my hand gently making me unclench it. "He's just a guy. A guy I could never see a future with. I love you Lucas. Never forget that" she pleads, looking up at me sweetly. After my past in Texas and the couple of slips ups I've had since moving to New York there was no way I deserved Riley, but I was more than happy to call her mine. 

"I love you too Princess" I smile as I grab her hand leading her out of the school and towards the mall. When we get there we go straight to the dress boutique so that Riley can find the perfect dress for the dance.  She grabs a few off the rack before going into the dressing room. Her first dress is a short and red and doesn't really compliment her skin tone. 

"I don't think red is my color" she laughs turning around to face me. 

"What do you mean? You look beautiful as always" I argue, trying to be supportive. 

"Well if there was ever a question of your love for me, that just ended it. You're too perfect" she smiles down at me. 

"I try" I smile looking back at her. "Next one?" I ask happily making her smile. She goes back into the fitting room and this time when she comes out she's wearing a dark purple dress that looks so perfect on her I'm at a loss for words. (DRESS ABOVE) 

"What do you think?" she asks nervously, taking her lip between her teeth. 

"Riley you look amazing" I breathe out, looking at her adoringly. "That's the dress. One hundred percent."

"You think so?" she asks looking at herself in the mirror while smoothing out the wrinkles in the fabric. 

"I know so" I insist, standing up and walking towards her. "You're going to be the prettiest princess at the ball" I add making Riley smile. 

"With the most handsome prince no doubt" Riley replies before stepping off the platform to place a kiss on my lips. "I love you Lucas."

"I love you too Riley." 

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Riley's POV

It's the night of the semi-formal and Lucas and I are walking into the school hand in hand. I'm all dressed up in my purple dress and silver heels with a pair of earrings I had borrowed from my mom. Lucas was wearing a pair of dress pants and and a purple button up that matched my dress perfectly.

We walk into the gym and I'm shocked because it's been transformed into Paris complete with a fake Eiffel Tower in the corner. I can't help but smile as I look up at my boyfriend remembering the day in art class when Lucas surprised me by speaking French. 

"Care to dance Princess?" Lucas asks holding out his hand for me to take. 

"Of course" I reply taking his hand happily. He leads me onto the dance floor and we sway back and forth slowly to the music. I look around me and smile seeing Farkle dancing with Smackle and Maya dancing with Zay.

It was amazing that we were all so happy. I knew that Maya was a little bummed that Josh couldn't come as her date, but they were still waiting for someday and Zay was more than happy to come as her date to keep her from third wheeling. After the song ends Lucas lets go of me smiling.

"I'm thirsty, do you want something to drink?" he asks. 

"Yes please" I answer happily as he kisses me quickly before walking away. I'm about to go over to Maya when I run into someone, literally. 

"Oh my gosh" the person says and suddenly my blood runs cold. 

"Charlie" I mumble, taking a step back. 

"You look amazing Riley. You kinda look like a princess. Do you mind if I call you Princess?" he asks and I grow angry. Lucas was the only person that was allowed to call me Princess. We had rode on a white horse, he gave me a jellybean, he was my soulmate. 

"No you can't" I hear behind me as I feel Lucas' arm wrap around my waist.  

"Why? I hear you say it all the time" Charlie snips.

"Yea, because she's my girlfriend. Charlie you had your chance and she chose me. I'm sorry" Lucas responds calmly causing me to smile. He was so calm, he's come such a long way since he got expelled in Texas. 

"I'm sorry Charlie but Lucas is my boyfriend and he's the only one I allow to call me Princess" I explain. 

"So, the two of you" Charlie says looking between us. "For real?" he asks and we both nod our heads. "Well Lucas, you're very lucky. Riley is an amazing girl" Charlie adds before walking away. I turn around to face Lucas who is smiling down at me.

"He's right Princess. You really are amazing" Lucas says as he leads me over to the Eiffel Tower. "Look Riley, I know that it's not really Paris but until we're older this will have to do" he says laughing gesturing around the room. 

"Lucas what's going on?" I ask as I watch my boyfriend get flustered as he pulls out a red box identical to the one from the ski lodge. "Another jellybean?" I ask as he hands me the box. 

"Something like that" he teases. "Open it" he insists. I smile looking down at the box opening it slowly and when my eyes land on the contents of the box my eyes fill with tears. In the box is a silver necklace with a jellybean charm hanging in the middle. 

"I figure you can take this one everywhere" he says as he grabs the box taking the necklace from it. "Turn around" he instructs and I do as he asks watching as he clasps it. Once its secure I turn around and face my boyfriend with tears running down my face. 

"I love it" I say happily leaning in to kiss him. 

"And I love you Princess Jellybean" he says as we pull away from one another. 

"I love you too Prince Maple Leaf" I laugh and we dance the night away under the beautiful fake stars next to the Eiffel Tower. I knew we'd get to Paris one day but for now this was perfect.