Conversation Hearts are the Most Important Part of Valentine's Day

A/N: Happy Valentine's Day Readers 💗

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Riley's POV

"What are you doing?" Auggie asks as he walks into the kitchen, early Valentine's Day morning, finding me sitting at the table sorting conversation hearts.

"Nothing" I reply quickly as I hide the hearts I had sorted out.

"I don't believe you" he says as he sits beside me, looking at the large reject pile in the corner of the table.

"Morning Riley. Morning Auggie" my mom smiles as she joins us. "What are you doing Riley?" she asks as she pulls out a mug before filling it with coffee.

"It's Valentine's Day, is it really the weird for me to want some candy" I laugh as I bolt out of my seat, heading back up to my room. "See you guys later."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Riley you wouldn't happen to know how this got in my locker would you?" Lucas asks as he leans up against my locker, showing me a candy heart that says I love you. It had took me all day to get the damn thing in his locker between him, Farkle, and Maya hanging around the space but I had finally left class and slipped it inside.

"I certainly hope so or you're cheating on me" I smirk making my boyfriend laugh as he looks down at the blue candy.

"I love you too Riley" he smiles as he leans in for a kiss. "Am I allowed to eat it?" he asks causing me to nod before he pops the small candy into his mouth.

"Ready to walk me home?" I ask hopefully as I grab my backpack out of my locker.

"Of course princess" he replies sweetly as he takes my hand, leading me out of the school and towards the loft. When we get to my house I let him in and we fall onto the couch. "So what are we doing tonight?" Lucas asks curiously as he plays with our intertwined fingers.

"I may have one idea" I smirk as I hand him another candy heart watching a blush rise on his cheeks as he reads the heart that says kiss me.

"If the heart says so" he laughs as he places the candy in his mouth before leaning forward and catching my lips in a kiss that ends way too soon for my liking when my brother barges into the room.

"Mom and dad are not going to be happy if they see this" he says seriously as he stands in the doorway, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Auggie I'll let you have every single candy heart on the counter if you keep your mouth shut and leave Lucas and I alone."

"Deal" he exclaims as he scoops up the candy before running off to his room making Lucas and I laugh.

"Got anymore hearts?" Lucas asks curiously when we're left alone again.

"Just one" I smile as I hand him an orange one, watching a smile pull at his own lips as he stares at it.

"I already am yours" he points out causing me to smile.

"Forever?" I ask hopefully as I lock my eyes with his.

"I'm hopeful" he replies making my heart swell as I lean forward to kiss him.

"I'm hopeful in us too Lucas" I smile before letting my lips find their way back to his as we fall into a moment that needs no conversation.