Secret Admirer

Riley's POV

"Oh no" I mutter as I throw open my locker seeing a box of chocolates resting on top of my books with a note attached.

"Oooh" Maya teases playfully as she reaches past me, into my locker to pull out the small note. "Another note from your secret admirer."

"Maya please stop" I beg as I try to grab the note from her hands but despite my height she's quicker than me.

"Dear Riley" she reads dramatically making me sigh as I lean against my locker, giving up on my efforts to free the paper from her hands. "Meet me in the library at 3:12 sharp" she laughs as she reads off the note. "Love your secret admirer" she smiles as she hands the note back to me.

"Stop smiling" I beg as I slam my locker shut, hiking my backpack onto my shoulder.

"Why? It's clearly Lucas" she says seriously as she looks at me intently. "Right?"

"I don't know" I admit as I throw my hands up in exasperation.

"What do you mean you don't know?" she asks in confusion as she crosses her arms across her chest, glancing up at the clock. I sneak a peek at the time realizing it's 3:02.

"Remember last time I had a secret admirer? I was sure it was Lucas and it wasn't. It was Charlie. I don't want it to be Charlie" I admit as I let myself fall back against my locker.

"You're dating Lucas. Why would Charlie show up? Does he even go here anymore?" she asks making me laugh as I shake my head.

"I don't literally mean Charlie because he does not go here anymore" I clarify with a laugh, "I'm talking about people that may have a crush on me. I want it to be Lucas but I don't want to get my hopes up."

"Again I remind you that you are dating Lucas" she says seriously as I moan in annoyance.

"When I thought I was moving we talked and I just I don't know. I have no idea where we stand" I admit sadly as I play with the strap of my backpack absentmindedly.

"Well I have a way to find out" she smirks as she grabs the note from my hand, waving it in front of my face causing me to look between the light purple stationary and the clock realizing it's already 3:10.

"Fine" I sigh as I look at her intently. "But if it's not Lucas you have to buy me a gallon of ice cream."

"Deal" she laughs as she pulls me into a hug. "Now get going."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I walk into the library reluctantly, trying to fight off the hope that was growing inside me. This was a special place for Lucas and I so it would only make sense for my secret admirer to be him but then again I didn't have the best luck in the world.

"Riley" I hear behind me and I let out a sigh of relief as I turn to see a stunning boy with emerald green eyes staring back at me.

"Lucas" I exclaim as I let my backpack fall to the floor, throwing my arms around him and allowing his arms to wrap around my thin figure.

"Happy Valentine's Day" he whispers into my ear as he holds me, making shivers run down my spine as I grip him harder.

"It's really you" I breathe out in relief as I revel in the feeling of his body against mine.

"Of course it's me. Were you expecting someone else?" he laughs as he lets me go, putting the slightest bit of space between us so he can look at me.

"After the Charlie spring formal debacle" I laugh as I run my fingers through my hair, "a little" I admit making a smile pull at Lucas' lips.

"I learned my lesson" he assures me as his arms wrap around my waist, pulling my body against his. "Everyone knows you're my girlfriend and that I love you."

"Girlfriend huh?" I ask teasingly as I link my arms around his neck.

"You were moving. Doesn't count as a breakup" he explains calmly. "You are still my first and only girlfriend Riley Matthews."

"And you are still my first and only boyfriend Lucas Friar" I reply happily as I rest my forehead against his. "Still wanna be a veterinarian?" I ask as I glance around us, memories of the night he told me his dream flooding my mind.

"As long as you're still Riley" he smiles as a blush rises on my cheeks. Our goodbye a few weeks ago still fresh in my mind. I had told him I hoped he would fulfill his vet dreams and he hoped I never stopped being Riley. Even though I was staying I was determined to keep that promise. It was the first of many that I knew I would be making with Lucas.

"I'll always be Riley" I assure him as I play with the hair at the nape of his neck. "And I'll always love you."

"I love you too" he smiles as he closes the distance between us, his lips catching mine in a soft, slow kiss that makes butterflies erupt in my stomach and my fear of secret admirers fade away. My admirer wasn't a secret, his name is Lucas Friar, he dreams of being a veterinarian, and most importantly he's all mine.