Ice Cream

Riley's POV

I'm lying in my bed tossing and turning in pain. I had just gotten my tonsils out a few days ago and I was still in a lot of pain. All I wanted was some ice cream but I knew it was late, almost four in the morning to be exact. I sigh as I reach for the phone on my nightstand. I open up the text thread I had with Lucas and composed a new message.

RILEY: Are you up?

I don't expect a response so I place my phone back on the nightstand but after a few seconds I hear it vibrate. I grab it and my face lights up as I see the text from Lucas.

LUCAS: What do you need jellybean?

RILEY: Can't sleep.

LUCAS: What can I do?

RILEY: Nothing it's four in the morning.

LUCAS: Your throat hurt?

RILEY: Yea 😢

LUCAS: Eat some ice cream 😊

RILEY: Ran out 😕

LUCASL No problem 😉

I read the text and grow confused. What did he mean no problem? I lay back down in my bed and try to get comfortable but it's no use. I decide to turn on my TV and turn on the newest episode of Red Planet Diaries. I'm halfway through the episode when I hear a knock on my window. I climb out of bed and walk over to the window slowly, worried as to who I was going to find on the other side but as I take a seat on the window I smile. It was Lucas. I throw open the window and my boyfriend sneaks into my room quietly.

"What are you doing here?" I whisper since I was trying not to wake up my parents and because my throat was still killing me.

"You ran out of ice cream" he says and I laugh.

"So?"

"So I brought you some" he says as he grabs a pint of ice cream off the fire escape.

"You brought me ice cream at four in the morning" I say laughing in disbelief at how unbelievably perfect my boyfriend was.

"Of course I did" he says as he hands me the ice cream.

"You are the best boyfriend ever" I say seriously as I put the ice cream next to me on the window. "Thank you."

"No problem princess" he says as he leans in to kiss me. "What are you watching?" he asks as we pull apart.

"Red Planet Diaries" I inform him as I stand up and walk over to my bed.

"Oh my god Maya would not shut up about this episode at school yesterday" he complains and I laugh. Since I wasn't at school Lucas was stuck listening to Maya's fangirling.

"Wanna stay and finish it with me?" I ask and he looks at me like I'm crazy. "It's Saturday, no one will be up for hours. Come here" I insist patting the area next to me in the bed. Lucas looks at the door and then back at me before he reluctantly climbs into bed next to me. I snuggle up next to him and grab the pint of ice cream that he brought me before grabbing a spoon off my nightstand. I open the ice cream and take a spoonful placing it my mouth happily. I smile as the strawberry ice cream melts on my tongue. "Want some?" I ask offering him a spoonful.

"Sure" he says grabbing the spoon from my hand. We finish eating and I place the ice cream on the nightstand next to me before laying my head on Lucas' chest.

"I like having you here" I say calmly as I close my eyes.

"I wouldn't want to be anywhere else" he says, kissing my forehead. "I love you Riley."

"I love you too Lucas" I mutter before finally falling asleep.