Rainbow

Lucas' POV

"I'm telling you I've never been wrong about this type of thing" Farkle says as we walk towards the football field. "I guarantee you that it's going to rain" he continues on making me roll my eyes as my eyes lock on the adorable cheerleader on the sidelines.

"I'll meet you by the bench in a sec" I say absentmindedly as I make my way over to the brunette.

"Tell Riley we say hi" Zay shouts after me as I make my way to my girlfriend, tapping her shoulder lightly causing her to spin around to face me.

"Lucas" she beams, her chocolate brown eyes sparkling with happiness. "Aren't you supposed to be warming up?" she questions.

"I needed something" I smile as I grab her waist and pull her against me, pressing my lips to her's in a soft kiss, her lips pulling into a smile as she kisses me back. "My good luck charm" I murmur against her lips while I rest my forehead against hers.

"Good luck tonight" she breathes out. "I love you."

"Love you too princess" I reply happily as I peck her lips one last time before walking off onto the field.

"Friar. Mikus" Coach calls us to the center of the field. "I know I don't have to remind you both how important tonight's game is."

"Of course not coach" I reply as Farkle rolls his eyes in annoyance.

"I'm telling you" he sighs, "we are not playing any game" he exclaims, "it's gonna rain" he insists.

"The weathermen said nothing about rain" the coach rolls his eyes. "Get warmed up."

*************************************************************************************

"You've gotta be kidding me" I laugh as it starts to pour in the middle of the first quarter. Farkle sits on the bench, an obvious smirk on his face. My eyes find Riley, attempting to throw her long locks up into a ponytail but the wind isn't cooperating very well.

"We keep playing until" Coach says, as a huge strike of lighting lights up the sky making the crowd gasp and scramble from the metal bleachers. The ref blows his whistle signaling the official end of the game.

"I told you" Farkle throws his hands up before running his hair through his drenched hair and rushing to get Smackle off the bleachers. I head straight to my girlfriend.

"Ready to get out of this shit?" I laugh as I catch her wrist, pulling her into me.

"Mhm" she smiles. I pull her off the field and to my car, fumbling with my keys in the downpour before finally unlocking the car and climbing in. "This is the last time I underestimate Farkle" she laughs, pushing her drenched hair from her face.

"Agreed" I laugh as I reach over to try and help her with her hair. My hand lingers on her cheek before I slowly move forward to kiss her. Her lips are slick against mine from the rain, the cold from the water and the warmth of her lips creating an intoxicating combination as I slide my tongue along her bottom lip begging for entrance.

"Backseat" she whispers against my lips before breaking away and moving to the back of my car. I follow after and plop down beside her before reaching forward and closing the distance between us again. "You" she giggles against my lips, "have" she tries, "too many" she mutters, "layers" she finally finishes as her lips stay on mine, allowing me to deepen the kiss.

I reach under her skirt and tug on the waistband of her panties. "Lucas" she moans. "Don't stop."

"You sure?" I ask breathlessly, pulling back to stare into her eyes.

"I'm sure" she whispers as her lips land back on mine.

*************************************************************************************

"This was so much more fun than the game" Riley giggles, resting her head on my chest as her fingertips brushed against my skin.

"Definitely" I reply as I kiss the top of my girlfriend's head, her hair finally starting to dry from the rain and sweat.

I had found a blanket in the back of my car, my mom had probably put it there for emergencies, I figured having your football game rained out and wanting to make love to your girlfriend counted. Okay I knew it didn't count but it was keeping us warm.

"I'm kinda glad we didn't listen to Farkle" I laugh before my girlfriend joins in, her body vibrating against my own. "I love you so much Riles."

"I love you too Lucas" she replies sweetly, leaving a small kiss on my chest as the sun breaks out of the clouds. "A rainbow" Riley exclaims as she points out the sunroof of my car.

I look up and a smile tugs at my lips.

A rainbow kinda reminded me of me and Riley.

She was sunshine and I was the rain, both amazing in their own ways but together they made something beautiful.