Love at First Sight

Riley's POV

"Oh come on" Maya begs as we sit in our dorm room. "It's the last big party before school ends and you want to spend it in bed?" she asks as I shrug.

After my break-up with Charlie, sitting in my bed all night sounded like the perfect idea.

"Ugh" she moans in annoyance. "Get your ass out of bed" she exclaims, "we are going to a party and I am going to make you have a good time if it's the last thing I do" she adds seriously making me roll my eyes as a skin tight black dress lands on my bed. "Get dressed" she instructs making me sigh.

There was no arguing with her and I knew it. I had to go.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

We've been at the club for a little over and hour and Maya has already found a guy she deems good enough to grind herself against. She's on her third beer and I'm on my last nerve. I want more than anything to get out here but I didn't want to leave Maya to her own devices. The last thing I wanted was for her to get behind the wheel with so much alcohol in her system.

I gaze across the club and my breath hitches when my eyes land on a handsome guy leaning up against the wall. I could tell he was maybe a year or two older than me but that didn't stop my eyes from gazing down his seemingly perfect body. He had one of those bodies that look flawless though I'm sure he puts little effort into working out, the tightness of the sleeves of his t-shirt hugging his muscles. I bite my lip as my eyes wander to his lips, full and perfect, I couldn't help but imagine them pressed against mine. His eyes are a piercing green that is accentuated by the color of his shirt and his hair is ashy blonde. He's probably the single most attractive guy I've ever seen.

I finally let my gaze fall but only briefly and when I bring my eyes back up he's gone. Shit. Why the hell did I look away? Now he's. "Hi" I hear behind me making me spin around quickly. The handsome stranger is staring back at me.

"Um" I stutter, his smile is perfect, brighter than anything I've ever seen and his voice. Holy shit, his voice. It's deep and sexy and it has a southern drawl to it that makes my insides turn to mush.

"I saw you looking at me" he smirks.

"Was I?" I play dumb making him chuckle. "I'm Riley" I introduce, finding my voice finally.

"Lucas" he replies. "You come around here a lot?" he asks curiously.

"Um not really" I admit. "My best friend dragged me out of the house."

"Oh yea? Break-up" he guesses.

"How'd you know?" I ask as he shrugs.

"Serious?" he asks. I actually did consider my relationship with Charlie as serious but now staring at Lucas I didn't really remember why.

"Not really" I shrug making a smile pull at his lips. "What about you?" I ask as he shrugs.

"I come around from time to time" he admits, "but uh, I usually don't last here very long."

"Oh?" I ask, my voice catching in my throat.

"Mhm" he replies, stepping closer to me. "Wanna get out of here?" he asks, his voice dropping an octave.

"Yes" I reply immediately making him chuckle. I admit I probably should've played a little hard to get but all I wanted was to forget about Charlie and having hot, meaningless sex with the sexy cowboy from the bar seemed like the perfect way to do it. "Just a sec" I add as I walk away, finding Maya's purse. I take the keys and stuff them into my pocket. I know she'll be mad but at least I know she'll find a safe way home.

I return to Lucas and smile. "Let's get out of here."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Drink?" he asks, leading me inside his house. It's huge. Floor to ceiling windows and long hallways. It was a gorgeous place.

"Please" I reply making a smile pull at his lips. He prepares us drinks and hands it to me with a smile. I take a sip and look around nervously. All my confidence seems to have faded away.

"You don't do this very often do you?" he asks, placing his glass down and sitting on the couch.

"Does it show?" I ask nervously making him chuckle as he holds out his hand for me to take. I place my glass down and allow him to pull me down onto the couch, onto his lap.

"Relax" he whispers, his lips brushing against mine before finally pressing firmly in a hot, passionate kiss that makes my whole body ignite. The alcohol in my system and the taste of his lips an intoxicating mixture.

The kiss deepens and it's better than any kiss I've ever had but as he slips his hand under my dress a large stop sign flashes in my head and I sigh, pushing back on his chest to put some distance between us. "I'm sorry" I whisper. "I don't think I can do this."

I climb off his lap and down my drink before grabbing my purse. "I'll just call an Uber" I add as I pull out my phone.

"No" he says quickly, jumping out of his seat and grabbing my phone. "Don't" he says making me shoot him a confused look.

"Why? I'm sorry but I just. I'm not a one night stand kinda girl."

"I think I knew that" he says softly, "stay" he begs, "no sex."

"Why?" I ask, still completely baffled.

"I have no idea" he admits with a soft laugh, "but I want you to stay. Please Riley" he begs making a smile pull at my lips as I nod.

"Okay" I give.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"And that's how I know that love at first sight exists" Lucas finishes the story as I walk into the nursery, finding him rocking our daughter in his arms.

He was a playboy before he met me but for some reason he changed for me. He fell head over heels for me. Maya was smug about it for a long time, insisting it was her that brought us together, I didn't argue. I was happy, the details didn't matter.

"I think she's asleep babe" I whisper, leaning my head against the doorframe as he stands up and puts Lily in her crib before walking over to me, pulling me into his arms.

"Have I told you how happy I am that you walked into that bar that night?" he asks making my heart flutter as I nod.

"A couple times" I smile as I wrap my arms around his neck. "I love you Lucas Friar."

"And I love you Riley Friar" he replies before leaning in to kiss me.