Jealousy

Riley's POV

Missing yet another season finale of Red Planet Diaries sucked more than I could put into words. I swore my mother hated me, or at least my obession with the show. I'm in the middle of the bakery, wiping down a table that a group of college students just vacated when the bell above the door rings, catching my attention.

"Riley sweetheart, can you get that last table? I have to head up to the loft. Auggie's playdate with Dewey got cut short."

"Doy" I correct her making her roll her eyes as a laugh tumbles from my lips. "I got it" I assure her.

"Thank you" she kisses my cheek as she dashes out of the bakery. I finally turn around to head towards the customers and my heart stops when I do. It's Lucas and Missy.

"Seriously?" I mutter under my breath. I collect myself before walking over to them, stopping in front of their table. "Welcome to Topanga's" I smile politely. "What can I get you?"

"Riley?" Lucas questions. "I didn't think you'd be working" he says. I resist the urge to roll my eyes at the comment. "Isn't the finale of Red Planet Diaries tonight?"

"Yep" I reply shortly. "What can I get you?"

"Nonfat vanilla latte" Missy orders, "with whip please" she adds.

"And you?" I ask Lucas.

"Can I just have some black coffee?"

"Of course" I reply politely. "I'll be right back" I force a smile as I walk over to the counter. It's not long before a thud on the counter startles me. "Lucas" I exclaim, putting my hand over my heart. "I bring you the drinks."

"Why are you here?"

"Um I work here" I remind him with a roll of my eyes.

"I know but you should be at home watching your favorite show. I wasn't supposed to run into you" he insists making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion while the door opens. A handsome boy who looks around my age walks in and his eyes land on Missy.

"Lucas" Missy shouts causing Lucas to sigh.

"Please just don't be mad" he begs me before slipping away leaving my head spinning. I make Missy's drink and grab the pot of coffee, walking them over to the couple.

"What are you doing here?" Missy asks innocently as she looks up at the mystery guy.

"You told me to meet you here" he replies in confusion.

"Oh my gosh" Missy laughs. "I must've accidentally sent you a text I meant to send Lucas" she cackles. "My boyfriend" she adds making my heart drop. Lucas looks up at me as I turn on my heels and sprint to the back room.

"I'm sorry" Lucas aplogizes as he runs after me. He catches the door and walks into the back room with me.

"Why?" I ask simply as he shakes his head, walking towards me.

"Princess it is not what it looks like. I didn't think you'd be working tonight."

"Yet here I am" I cross my arms over my chest. "Why would you parade her around in front of me like that?"

"It wasn't for you. It was for that giy" he exclaims making my eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Missy wanted to make that guy jealous" he shrugs. "I agreed because it seemed harmless. You weren't supposed to be here" he repeats.

"You aren't with her?" I ask softly.

"No" he shakes his head. "We were supposed to make him jealous and be done with it. I'm sorry."

"You should be. Do you know how much that hurt me?"

"I know" he says softly as he walks towards me. "But I promise she means nothing to me. I would never pick her over you."

"Promise?"

"Promise" he smiles as he caresses my cheek. "Want some help closing up?"

"Can I kick her out?" I ask hopefully making Lucas laugh as he peeks his head out the door.

"I think they're already gone" he laughs as we wander back out into the bakery. He goes over to lock the door and leans against it. "What should we dk first princess?" he asks as I walk towards him.

"I have one idea" I smirk as I press my lips to his.