Lucas' Bunnies

Lucas' POV

Nervous couldn't begin to explain how I felt about tonight. Easter was adorably my girlfriend's favorite holiday due to the bunny theme that seemed to accompany the occasion which is why I knew it was the perfect day for what I had planned...I just hoped everything would go as perfect as I had planned.

"Do you think this is too fancy?" Riley asks as she steps out of our closet wearing a light pink floral dress that falls mid-thigh accompanied with a white pair of wedges. She looks beautiful as ever with her brunette hair hanging in loose curls around her shoulders and a bright smile on her face.

"Riles you look beautiful" I argue as I step towards her. "It's perfect."

"You think?" she asks, smoothing down the pleats in the skirt. "I just don't want your parents to think I'm overdoing it. I want to impress them...their first impression wasn't exactly what I hoped for" she adds with an embarrassed blush.

I had to admit that having my parents walk themselves into our home while we were in the throes of passion on our living room couch wasn't exactly how I wanted them to meet her either but they really should've knocked.

"Riley they still adore you" I assure her as I rub my hands up and down her arms. "Stop worrying so much" I add, leaning forward to kiss her nose causing her to scrunch it up adorably; my own little bunny. "I love you."

"I love you too" she agrees, staring up at me with those breathtaking brown eyes that I knew better than my own.

"Good. Now, can you grab my jacket from the bed for me?"

"Of course" she nods as I fix the cuffs on my shirt. "Woah" she giggles as she picks it up. "It's a little heavy. What do you have in here?" she asks innocently, plunging her hand into the pocket before I have enough time to turn and stop her.

Her breath hitches in her throat as she holds the ring box in her small hand and lifts her gaze to mine. "Lucas?"

My heart has literally stopped beating. This couldn't be happening. I was supposed to be surprising her with a dinner with both our families and I was supposed to be popping the question in front of everyone. This was not the plan. "Riley you weren't supposed to see that" I reply, unable to form any other sentiment.

"Okay" she draws out the letters as she drops the jacket back onto the bed. "But I did. Lucas what is this?"

I chuckle, rubbing my neck. "Well, it certainly isn't a promise ring" I joke as I step towards her and take the ring box from her hand. "I had a plan for this princess. You weren't supposed to find it."

"Whoops" she giggles making my heart come back to life with a lively skip. "Is it what I think it is?" she asks softly and I smile as I flick the box open.

"You know I love you Riley. My world starts and ends with you. You're my sunshine on a rainy day and you're my light in the darkness. I love everything about you from the way you giggle when you're nervous to the way your nose scrunches when I kiss it. You were the first person I met when I moved here and you were the first person that made me realize that I'm not my past. You're the love of my life Riley Matthews and even though this isn't how I imagined this going...at all. It doesn't matter because it's still you and me, just like I want it to be for the rest of our lives. So, Riley Eleanor Matthews, will you marry me?" I ask, getting down in one knee as her hands fly to cover her mouth.

A soft cry escapes her lips as she slowly nods. "Yes" she whispers. "Lucas of course I'll marry you" she adds more confidently causing my heart to soar out of my chest as I stand up and pull her into my arms.

"I love you so much Riley" I gush as I hug her.

She chuckles, pulling back and smiling at me. "I love you too Lucas. Almost as much as I love this little bunny" she says, placing a hand over her belly.

My eyes widen as I lock my green orbs onto her brown ones. "What?" I gasp.

"I was gonna tell you later but" she shrugs. I let out a giddy laugh as I pull her closer and kiss the side of her head.

"I love you so damn much and I can't wait to meet our little bunny."

"Maybe it'll hop down the aisle at our wedding" she giggles as she picks up the ring from the floor where I had dropped it in the excitement. "I think I need this" she says with a soft smile.

I chuckle, nodding my head as I grab the ring and slide it onto her finger.