John and the Cocoa Beanstalk

Just a little chocolatey story for Easter. Hope you like it!!

Far off in the outskirts of Liverpool lived a small family of three. John Winston Lennon with his aunt Mimi and his mother Julia who was allowed to stay after John saved her from a police car that nearly hit her. "It's too bad this couldn't have happened in real life.." John mumbled as he sat at the breakfast table.

"John, what did we tell you about breaking the fourth wall? But anyways, unless your band gets off the ground we'll need to live off whatever we can afford.." Mimi told him as she placed bowls of cornflakes in front of everyone.

"We got that venue at the Cavern, and if it's a success we'll be able to take our sound to Hamburg and do some touring there!" John told them. "And bring home some chocolates if we're rich enough.. Too bad we couldn't get any for Easter."

"There may be a sale now, John how about you run down to the store and treat yourself?" Julia offered, handing him some pounds. "I got some from my new job, hopefully I can get a raise soon.."

Smiling widely, John wolfed down his breakfast and ran off to the nearest chocolate store. He wasn't pleased to see how crowded they all were. "Aw great.. Once I get in there wouldn't be any chocolate left.." He grunted as he walked back. Along the way he passed by a stand that had some odd looking brown beans along with a sign that read Free Samples behind it.

"Well, I might not have chocolate, but I guess some beans for dinner would be a nice change from boiled potatoes." John thought as he picked them up.

Once he got home, Mimi and Julia noticed the beans in his pocket. "Oh John, those are cocoa beans! They're used to make chocolate."

"Really? Then let's make some!!" John squealed.

"Well.. We'll need plenty more of those beans first.. And then they'd need to be ground up and mixed with milk and sugar before we can get chocolate. I suppose we can use the ones you have to plant a cocoa tree, but it'll take a while to grow."

"But at least it's better than nothing.." John mumbled as he went out to the yard to plant his beans. "I just wish I could grow them overnight.." He thought as he went back inside.

Later that night, John was shocked to see that his wish came true, not only did the cocoa tree grow instantly overnight, but it reached far into the sky as well! "Whoa!! Hope I don't meet a hungry giant up there.." He thought as he jumped out the window and climbed up the tree.

It seemed like the top would never come, but when he arrived, John found himself in a world made entirely of chocolate. "So cool! This place is like heaven! I bet George would have wasted no time trying to eat everything." He chuckled as he went around, looking for something he could take back down.

He soon reached a large fort. "I better not intrude.. Huh? What's all that honking coming from?"

Looking down a grate, John was shocked to see a large, brown hen on top of a pile of chocolate eggs. "Hey! Someone get me out of here!!" She cried.

Not knowing what else to do, John quietly slid down the grate and landed on the hen's back. "What's wrong miss?"

"The master of this castle is forcing me to lay chocolate eggs nonstop for him, it's so painful having to do this without any break and not to mention he never fed me once.." The hen grumbled. "Do you think you can get me out of here?"

"I'm sure I can miss hen. Can you help me get the grate open?"

Flapping her wings, the hen and John pushed as hard as they could, but then they heard large footsteps coming closer to them. "Ack!! That must be the giant!" John panicked as he gave one big push to help them both escape.

Dashing as fast as they could, John and his new friend reached the cocoa tree and made their way back down. "Phew.. I was worried that horrid man would have followed after us.." The hen exclaimed as they reached the bottom.

"Well it's a good thing he didn't, but just to make sure, this tree should come down. Luckily there's no buildings in the way." John remarked as he went back inside.

Once the tree was chopped, John had more than enough giant cocoa beans to make all the chocolate he desired. The hen (now named Henrietta) was also glad she was no longer forced to lay eggs every day, but whenever she did, John and his family thanked her dearly for the delicious chocolate eggs.

Later on John made millions touring with the group and used some of the cash to create a big chocolate factory, but that's a story for another time.